Is RIFT a good MMO?

jewishdolphins

Title says it all. If you dont think it is, post what you believe to be "the best MMO" is besides blade and soul? Cause that one is out of the question for me since it's so terribly optimized and can't run it well.

I bet at least 1 person will be upset to read this, but WoW is probably my favorite. Doesn't need very high requirements (My E6410 with an NVS 3100M can run it) yet still looks nice

AMD Ryzen 9 5900X | ASUS TUF GAMING X570-PRO | G.Skill Ripjaws V 2x16GB @3600MHz CL16 | AMD Radeon 6800 XT Cooler Master MasterCase Pro 5 w/ Tempered Glass | Samsung 970 Evo Plus 1TB + ADATA SU800 2TB | Corsair HX1000iNoctua NH-D15 chromax.black

Just now, Riki the Legendary Heropon said:

I bet at least 1 person will be upset to read this, but WoW is probably my favorite

of course.

ive been playing a lot of Blade and Soul recently, and although i wouldnt call it the best, it is really good. i havent been having any performance issues, and my rig isnt that great.  Rift was okay for a little bit, but got stale really fast.  Tera was amazing since i had people to play with, but once they stopped playing, i lost interest.  Ive always hated WoW, i hate the asthetics, GW1 was my jam before they came out with GW2 and completely destroyed the first one

How do Reavers clean their spears?

|Specs in profile|

The Wheel of Time turns, and Ages come and pass, leaving memories that become legend. Legend fades to myth, and even myth is long forgotten when the Age that gave it birth comes again.

21 minutes ago, Tsuki said:

ive been playing a lot of Blade and Soul recently, and although i wouldnt call it the best, it is really good. i havent been having any performance issues, and my rig isnt that great.  Rift was okay for a little bit, but got stale really fast.  Tera was amazing since i had people to play with, but once they stopped playing, i lost interest.  Ive always hated WoW, i hate the asthetics, GW1 was my jam before they came out with GW2 and completely destroyed the first one

I like gw2. Though I haven't got the time to play it because of uni.

| i5 3570 | Palit GTX 680 jetsream | Gigabyte Z77x-ud3h | Corsair Vengeance 2x4 1600mhz | WD Caviar Black  1TB | Corsair TX 650m | Coolemaster Hyper212 X | NZXT Pantom 410 | Asus VS239 | Logitech G400s |

Click here to learn how to troll

I played 3 Chars to max level, but that was Years ago. It was Fun and PvP with the Bard was awesome. Dont know how it is since its F2P though.

CPU i7 6700k MB  MSI Z170A Pro Carbon GPU Zotac GTX980Ti amp!extreme RAM 16GB DDR4 Corsair Vengeance 3k CASE Corsair 760T PSU Corsair RM750i MOUSE Logitech G9x KB Logitech G910 HS Sennheiser GSP 500 SC Asus Xonar 7.1 MONITOR Acer Predator xb270hu Storage 1x1TB + 2x500GB Samsung 7200U/m - 2x500GB SSD Samsung 850EVO

On ‎19‎/‎02‎/‎2016 at 3:24 AM, jewishdolphins said:

Title says it all. If you dont think it is, post what you believe to be "the best MMO" is besides blade and soul? Cause that one is out of the question for me since it's so terribly optimized and can't run it well.

I played this on release for quite a while as a Nightblade Rogue (PVE) and Riftstalker/Nightblade in PVP. Its one of the few games where I actually preferred PVP to PVE and enjoyed the ranking system. I hit pvp rank 9 (I think) and gained "Colonel" title and bossed a lot of bg's as the spec was quite op along with the Chloromancer/Nec builds and the healing armour guys (forget their names). It was a really great game, I only stopped cause of work and friends quit.

Basically just World of Warcraft, it's always going to be the best, even if it wasn't as good as it was during TBC. Too many games try to be too different or too alike, I liked the customisation of TBC/Wotlk and the fact some classes were tricky to play, now its just hit the glowing button for a lot of classes to ok dps without knowing the class in depth. Albeit theres more to it than that at the top level.

Ryzen Ram Guide

My Project Logs   Iced Blood    Temporal Snow    Temporal Snow Ryzen Refresh

CPU - Ryzen 1700 @ 4Ghz  Motherboard - Gigabyte AX370 Aorus Gaming 5   Ram - 16Gb GSkill Trident Z RGB 3200  GPU - Palit 1080GTX Gamerock Premium  Storage - Samsung XP941 256GB, Crucial MX300 525GB, Seagate Barracuda 1TB   PSU - Fractal Design Newton R3 1000W  Case - INWIN 303 White Display - Asus PG278Q Gsync 144hz 1440P

Tip if you want to play an MMO game  just try it trial or if its for free since the best thing to do is to give it the game a shot yourself in my opinion since your gonna invest alot of time in your char i guess especailly on pve so 

CPU:Intel Core i5 6600K 3,5GHz  Motherboard: Z170 PRO GAMING  RAM: HyperX X Fury black DDR4 2x4GB

GPU: AMD Radeon HD 7800 series Case: some random shit tho it is gonna be upgraded Storage: SanDisk SSD Plus 240GB Cooling: Cooler Master Hyper 212 Evo Display: Asus VS278Q Keyboard: Roccat Arvo Mouse:Razer Naga 2015 Edition OS:Windows 10 

On 2/19/2016 at 10:24 PM, jewishdolphins said:

The best MMO is probably WoW... Even with WoD being a shitty expansion. 

Best free MMO? Tera is alright. I enjoy RaiderZ combat quite a bit. Vindictus is fun, but P2W shit at the same time. Aion is a decent generic WoW clone. GW2 is good, and ESO is good despite it's garbage launch.

I only played few and WoW is the best imo. Its been around for so looooong its unreal :)

But playing mmo alone is boring AF imo. Thats why i quit after a month.

Connection200mbps / 12mbps 5Ghz wifi

My baby: CPU - i7-4790, MB - Z97-A, RAM - Corsair Veng. LP 16gb, GPU - MSI GTX 1060, PSU - CXM 600, Storage - Evo 840 120gb, MX100 256gb, WD Blue 1TB, Cooler - Hyper Evo 212, Case - Corsair Carbide 200R, Monitor - Benq  XL2430T 144Hz, Mouse - FinalMouse, Keyboard -K70 RGB, OS - Win 10, Audio - DT990 Pro, Phone - iPhone SE