Testing Java Web Applications With IntelliJ

jslowik

Hey folks! I'm hoping someone can help me out. Our Java classes utilize the Netbeans IDE, and we're currently using it to develop Java web applications. I recently discovered that students can get a free license for IntelliJ and I wanted to give it a shot as I've enjoyed PyCharm CE, and Android Studio.

Now to the issue I'm having. Netbeans is wonderful for testing the applications we're building. Simply running the project launches the server (Glassfish in this case), and opens your browser to the application. I've been fiddling around with IntelliJ, but I can't seem to find a simple way to preview changes to the entire application. I've been going through the documentation on the JetBrains site, however that is just furthering my belief that maybe Netbeans is just better suited for my particular needs.

This is where I'm hoping someone can help me out. Is there a similar way to launch the full application with IntelliJ like there is in Netbeans? Or is this a situation where I'm better off sticking with Netbeans if that's a functionality I really enjoy?

Thanks so much for taking the time!

EDIT - Never mind folks, silly old me needs to learn to properly RTFM. Thanks :)

Edited by jslowik
Figured out a solution