Hide Side Panel Window?

Philcat101

I have been looking at PC cases, and the only decent budget ones have a window.

My color scheme isn't amazing, and some times I want to have a clean look by concealing the window.

Is there a good way to do this and still have it look sort of decent?

LIBERATOR: Core i5 6400 @ 2.7GHz | GeForce GTX 670 2 GB | HyperX Fury 8GB DDR4 @ 2133 MHz | 250 GB Samsung 850 Evo SSD
My new build; Liberator, Check it out

The more friendly we are, the more helpful we are!

MY OLD BUILD (AKA PREBUILT MONSTROSITY)
INSANITY: AMD Athlon II X2 @ 3.0 GHz | Geforce GT 720 2 GB | 4 GB DDR3 @ 1333 MHz | 120 GB Silicon Power SSD | 500 GB Hitachi HDD

Cover it with stickers? What is your budget like for a case? What features are absolutely necessary for your case? There is bound to be a non-window version of something that will meet your needs...but we would need more information to be able to make a suggestion for you. 

浪速の建てるは静か用に建てました!- Build Log Coming Soon!

3 minutes ago, Papakuma said:

Cover it with stickers? What is your budget like for a case? What features are absolutely necessary for your case? There is bound to be a non-window version of something that will meet your needs...but we would need more information to be able to make a suggestion for you. 

Yeah, I guess this would be a good time to say what I want:

Good build quality

Meshed front (or sides of the front bezel are large enough) for good airflow

STUFF I WANT:

Good drive mounting

Front mounted IO (as opposed to the top)

Decent enough cable management

Under $60 if possible

LIBERATOR: Core i5 6400 @ 2.7GHz | GeForce GTX 670 2 GB | HyperX Fury 8GB DDR4 @ 2133 MHz | 250 GB Samsung 850 Evo SSD

INSANITY: AMD Athlon II X2 @ 3.0 GHz | Geforce GT 720 2 GB | 4 GB DDR3 @ 1333 MHz | 120 GB Silicon Power SSD | 500 GB Hitachi HDD

1 minute ago, Philcat101 said:

Yeah, I guess this would be a good time to say what I want:

Good build quality

Meshed front (or sides of the front bezel are large enough) for good airflow

STUFF I WANT:

Good drive mounting

Front mounted IO (as opposed to the top)

Decent enough cable management

From your description it sounds like something made by coolermaster would work for you. Again, not sure what your budget or location is for shopping purposes. 

That said, if you have found a windowed case that you like, that is within your budget and you just want to hide the window...have you thought about moving your PC to the other side so the window faces a wall? For example, my case has a window on the left....therefore if I put it on the left side of my desk against a wall I don't see anything inside....although that's not often the reason people have windowed cases :)

Another thought in a pinch would be to find a company that could print you a custom vinyl decal/sticker. You could get one in a color to match or complement the rest of your case...such as black...and then skin over the entire window. If you ever upgrade in the future to a build with components you want to look at you could pull the vinyl off and have your window back. 

2 minutes ago, Papakuma said:

From your description it sounds like something made by coolermaster would work for you. Again, not sure what your budget or location is for shopping purposes. 

That said, if you have found a windowed case that you like, that is within your budget and you just want to hide the window...have you thought about moving your PC to the other side so the window faces a wall? For example, my case has a window on the left....therefore if I put it on the left side of my desk against a wall I don't see anything inside....although that's not often the reason people have windowed cases :)

Another thought in a pinch would be to find a company that could print you a custom vinyl decal/sticker. You could get one in a color to match or complement the rest of your case...such as black...and then skin over the entire window. If you ever upgrade in the future to a build with components you want to look at you could pull the vinyl off and have your window back. 

I just thought of an idea; Could I just get a piece of cardboard and spraypaint it black, and put that over it? It is okay for me for something to look this getto.

You know what.. I am using a rosewill challenger right now and it's not bad at all.  There's no window, and it meets the requirements you mentioned.  Wouldn't hurt to check it out anyway.

my work in progress

i5 6600k  //  16gb g.skill ddr4 3000  //  evga gtx 980

custom water loop

*LOL* Your original post said clean look....now you are taping black cardboard to your case....sure...it will work...and if you don't mind the ghetto style it will also be very cheap! Grab a roll of duct tape and make it happen!

Just now, Papakuma said:

*LOL* Your original post said clean look....now you are taping black cardboard to your case....sure...it will work...and if you don't mind the ghetto style it will also be very cheap! Grab a roll of duct tape and make it happen!

Hahaha!

I mean clean look like a smooth surface. The thing that annoys me about cases with no side panel is that they have fan mounts and a bunch of distracting holes.

Plus, I have black electrical tape, so it will look "Sort of " clean xD