Windows 10 shutdown problem w/ solution

Shutdown:

Windows 10 started up within 5 seconds absolutely fine. When it came to shutting down, you could see the shutting down screen and then the display power down within 5 seconds, however the actual system will still be powered up for another 60-120 seconds before shutting down, even though the display/ OS where clearly ended. 

Solution:

I put it down to OS drivers originally but finding they were fully up to date, i moved into power settings. 

Power options > choose what the power button do > shutdown settings > ''turn on fast boot (recommended)''

From what i could see, windows 10, auto enabled it's own fast boot option in a recent update, causing it to make a fast boot profile as it shut down. simply disabling this option fixed the issue. My system still starts up within 5-6 seconds, but purely because i'm using an SSD. 

--------------------------------------------

Another unrelated issue:

Intel hd 4600 graphics would crash at random times within windows 10 whilst watching videos etc. This problem occurs straight after you upgrade from windows 7 or 8.1 to windows 10. What happens is, the OS upgrades but still keeps the old drivers, so your windows 7 and 8.1 display drivers will still be active, and the system update will keep them to the latest versions for windows 7 and 8.1. But will not detect your OS / change the drivers to windows 10 versions. 

Solution:

Go to intel's website, and find the windows 10 driver for your chipset, Run the installer, and it will automatically remove the old drivers and replace them with the windows 10 versions. 

Hopefully these solve some problems people are experiencing.

At the shutdown display page, Windows stores the state of your session, closes all Windows services and running application processes, releasing memory handles & hardware connections etc. If anything goes wrong at this stage, Windows should log it in the event viewer and quite possibly even show you the error in a blue screen sometimes too (this depends on a configuration setting, but I believe the logging is enabled by default).

Try to use the run dialog (Windows key+R) or Windows search option/magnifying glass then enter EVENTVWR.exe. Under the system or application logs most likely, you'll find an error which could point toward the cause...

It was fixed purely from turning off fast boot, i found. Now when the display powers off, so does the system in sync. Nothing on event viewer, seems rather up it was left powering for a good 1-2 minutes after the windows shutting down / display turned off. solution was a simple one. disable windows automatic fast boot. To me, it doesn't really make a difference, same start up times.