Windowed Case for under £150

Hello, 

I want to upgrade my PC at home these are the current specs:

intel core i5-2500k @ 3.3Ghz

amd radeon HD 7900 series with shapire tri x cooler (looking to upgrade)

not sure on motherboard asus but not sure on model

8Gb kinston ram

2 striped ssd's and 2 hard drives

So i want to know what is the best case for all this stuff (mid tower) with a nice big window which will last and hold all my storage units?

My first thought were the nzxt H440??

also my theme is black and red 

thank you for your replies

I use the Corsair 450D and it fits everything you specify. And it's beautiful, well made and super great to build in!

EDIT: Link to red and black build inside the 450D xMxMk7u.jpg

Good choices include:

-NZXT H440 - Simplistic design, space efficient, PSU basement, has space for showing off SSDs.

-NZXT N450 - Same as above but futuristic design and an in-built fan hub

-Fractal Design R5 - Quiet, simple in design and less shouty than the above

-Corsair 450D - Slightly lacking in soem newer features, but has a very elegant design

-Corsair 600C - Simple, inverted motherboard look, massive window, PSU basement.

1 minute ago, Bob Jim said:

-Corsair 450D - Slightly lacking in soem newer features, but has a very elegant design

Genuinely curious since that is the case I have, what features is it lacking? I can't imagine what else it would need since I didn't come up with any issues with my build, but it would be good to know so I can bring it up if I ever suggest it to someone.

Just now, brighteyes890 said:

Genuinely curious since that is the case I have, what features is it lacking? I can't imagine what else it would need since I didn't come up with any issues with my build, but it would be good to know so I can bring it up if I ever suggest it to someone.

-No PSU cover/basement for easy cable management

-A fairly standard HDD mounting system, none of the hidden discreet stuff featured in some more modern cases

- HDD mounts at front restrict airflow a bit and prevent taller rads from being installed without sacrificing on hdd numbers.

Just now, Bob Jim said:

-No PSU cover/basement for easy cable management

-A fairly standard HDD mounting system, none of the hidden discreet stuff featured in some more modern cases

- HDD mounts at front restrict airflow a bit and prevent taller rads from being installed without sacrificing on hdd numbers.

Ah yep fair enough! It is really only a case suited to top mounted large rads or a single small rear rad for that reason, but for a mid tower that seems reasonable.

Since no one has mentioned it I would recommend the master case pro 5. The case has all you ever will need, lots of cable management options and proper airflow. Looks good and feels even beter.

The H440 is a great case. My friend has one, plenty of space inside and easy to work in. Even comes with a built in fan hub should you need it.

The Evolv from Phanteks is also quite a nice case, i remember seeing a gorgeous black and red build in the ITX version but the full size is just as good imo.

Just find a case that you like the look of and look around for reviews on it, thats the best option.

Needs money for car parts :P

System specs: Core i7 9700k, Dark Rock Pro 4 , MSI Z390 PRO, 16GB CORSAIR VENGENCE DDR4 3000, EVGA GTX 1070 FTW, Corsair AX860, Seagate 1TB, Sandisk 240GB SSD, Corsair 400c

My Steam Profile (from SteamDB)

• Worth: £654 (£221 with sales)
  • Games owned: 62
  • Games played: 52 (83%)
  • Hours on record: 2,980.7h

I have the H440 myself, and have to say, I am quite happy with it.

There are some restrictions though:

- If you have very stiff cables, installing the SSDs is a nightmare

- The cablemanagement space behind the mobo tray is not that big

- I have a 280mm rad in the top (Corsair Hydro H110i GTX) and it is kinda interfering with the power connector for the CPU on my board

- The fan HUB sucks balls to be honest. You need an extra molex cable from your PSU, it is not controlled in any way and it only has 3-Pin header

But there are also many pros:

- Beautiful clean look

- Big side panel, that reveals a lot of the contents

- LEDs at the rear I/O

- 4(!) built in fans

I mainly chose it because of the many good reviews and because it perfectly fits my color scheme, to be honest.

Choosing a case is to some point a matter of usability but mostly because of looks.

CPU: Intel Core I7 6700k @ 4,6 GHz - Motherboard: Asus Maximus VIII Ranger - RAM: 16 GB Corsair Vengeance 2133 MHz

GPU: Asus Strix 980Ti OC - Case: NZXT. H440 - PSU: EVGA SuperNOVA 750 G2 750W - Cooling: Corsair Hydro H110i GTX

Lian-Li computer cases?

CPU - i7-4790k | CPU Cooler - NZXT Kraken X53 | Motherboard -  Asus Gyphon Z97 Armour Edition | RAM - Corsair Vengeance (2x8GB) 2400Mhz | Graphics Card - MSI GTX 1070 | Power Supply - Corsair CS750M | Storage - Seagate 1TB HDD | Samsung 500GB 850 Evo | Case - Fractal Design ARC Mini R2 | Colour Theme - Generic Red & Black

Operating System - Windows 10 Pro | Peripherals - Corsair RGB Mechanical K70 Keyboard/Corsair M65 Mouse

Click here to give a damn

Thermaltake Core X31?

main.jpg

Ketchup is better than mustard.

GUI is better than Command Line Interface.

Dubs are better than subs

We need to know what kind of case style you like. I would say there's four kinds:

1. Basic: Simple, budget cases that don't offer a lot, but are a good value for money. A good example would be the Fractal Design Core 1300, Corsair Carbide 200R, etc etc. With your budget, you can kind of ignore this category.
  2. Silence: A case that is designed for the best silence, obviously. Two examples would be the Fractal Design Define R5/S or the NZXT H440.
  3. Air flow: Cases with massive vents which have very little restriction on air flow such as the Phanteks Enthoo Pro M or Cooler Master MasterCase Pro 5 (I have this case and really like it).
  4. Other: These don't really fall into the other categories and tend to have crazy designs, like the InWin S-Frame or Lian-Li PC-08.

Incipere V5.0

Spoiler

CPU | i7-4790k | GPU | Nvidia GTX Titan X | Motherboard | MSI Z97S SLI Krait Edition | Memory | 2x8GB Kingston HyperX Fury DDR3 1866MHz | PSU | EVGA 650 G2 | Storage | Crucial BX200 240GB + Toshiba 3TB | Case | Cooler Master MasterCase Pro 5 | CPU Cooler | Noctua NH-D15

Parvulus V1.0

Spoiler

CPU | i5-4690k | GPU | Zotac GTX 960 | Motherboard | ASRock Z97M-ITX/ac | Memory | 2x4GB G.Skill Ripjaws X DDR3 1600MHz | PSU | EVGA 650 GS | Storage | Crucial BX200 240GB + WD 1TB Blue 2.5" | Case | Silverstone Sugo SG13

If you want to join a group chat of like-minded techies, gaming, and all things dank, join our Discord group. Message me or get into contact with Galaxy. http://linustechtips.com/main/user/107351-gaiaxy/

• 1 month later...

Wow thank you ever so much for all the replies. I am looking at the H440 as I do like the simplistic design compared to the newer case. However I am starting to lean to cases with bigger windows like the  Thermaltake Core X31 and Corsair 600C (however this cases window faces the wrong way as i would like it so the IO points to the right when looked at with the window visible). The  Corsair 450D does look nice (Bright eyes is it possible to see the same build with the window on. And for the fan controller on the H440 i already have a grid+ so  it would be redundant in the first place.

fyi sorry i haven't replied a victim to the outlook account problem...

At the moment I am torn between the Fractal Design R5 and the NZXT H440