LF light weight game-capable laptop

Did some googling but can't seem to find a good match for what I want, turning to teh forums for help!

Haven't decide on budget, but should not exceed 1200 USD

What I'm looking for:

1) a good CPU, the edgiest mainstream intel processors

2) not demanding much in the GPU department, will even consider intel integrated graphix but prefer a discreet GPU.

3) enough PCIe lanes for those sweet nvme ssds

4) lightweight, gotta carry it around often

don't know much about pre-built systems or laptops,will appreciate if anyone can suggest something

EDIT: btw, going to use it to do school works and play some games. Games like cities skylines, EUIV,  dota, none of those AAA graphic  monsters.

EDIT 2:  also, the design must be either plain or otherwise non-gamey-looking. Elaborate designs on most gaming laptops are ridiculous looking and not great to carry around in between classes

Frost | 7700K @ 4.9GHz 1.36v, delidded | Asus DUAL GTX 1060 6GB OC | Corsair LPX 16GB DDR4 2800MHz | Samsung 960 EVO 250GB SSD + Toshiba 1TB HDD + Toshiba 2TB HDD + Samsung 860 EVO 1TB SSD for macOS | Asus PRIME Z270-A | Fractal Design Celsius S24 | Seasonic M12-II 620W PSU | Corsair 400C White | NZXT Hue+

Samsung Galaxy S8 | Stock

Ticwatch E (Black) | Ticwatch Brown Leather Strap

Though it does amuse me that the first two responses are gaming brands, you may look into the Dell 7559 with an i7 conifg - Link

This laptop is known to have the appearance of a business laptop, while still packing a punch to follow.

14 hours ago, infamoustrey said:

Though it does amuse me that the first two responses are gaming brands, you may look into the Dell 7559 with an i7 conifg - Link

This laptop is known to have the appearance of a business laptop, while still packing a punch to follow.

Thank you very much, I didn't know this exist. I think they posted BEFORE I edited my post saying I don't want it to look gamey, so I still give you guys the kudos!

Thanks for the suggestions!! If anyone still have more suggestions I'll greatly appreciate them

I found one from Lenovo, the Lenovo Y700. Don't really like the looks, but the specs looks pretty decent to me. Anyone have experiences with this model?

EDIT: Specifically, how does the keyboard feel? How's the touchpad? 

EDIT 2: notebookcheck says Lenovo Y700 does not support NVMe? If that's the case then I might drop this model from consideration, I have a spare nvme drive that I really want to use.

Just now, ConfusedFlame said:

I found one from Lenovo, the Lenovo Y700. Don't really like the looks, but the specs looks pretty decent to me. Anyone have experiences with this model?

@don_svetlio can tell you more.

Frost | 7700K @ 4.9GHz 1.36v, delidded | Asus DUAL GTX 1060 6GB OC | Corsair LPX 16GB DDR4 2800MHz | Samsung 960 EVO 250GB SSD + Toshiba 1TB HDD + Toshiba 2TB HDD + Samsung 860 EVO 1TB SSD for macOS | Asus PRIME Z270-A | Fractal Design Celsius S24 | Seasonic M12-II 620W PSU | Corsair 400C White | NZXT Hue+

@exercutor5, you're from Singapore? There is this brand called aftershock (Singaporean firm) that offers some nice options, but not sure what the build quality is like. Have you any experience with that brand?

4 minutes ago, ConfusedFlame said:

@exercutor5, you're from Singapore? There is this brand called aftershock (Singaporean firm) that offers some nice options, but not sure what the build quality is like. Have you any experience with that brand?

The build quality is like any of the Clevo resellers out there. Aftershock's support is really really good. They provide lifetime servicing of your machine, which is just essentially clearing out the dust and repasting for you. Their staff are all very patient, no matter what your requests are. Even if your Clevo laptop is not bought from them, they would do their best to help you (but you gotta pay, of course).

EDIT: Oh yes, their CEO is a cat, named Moonfang.

2 hours ago, ConfusedFlame said:

EDIT 2: notebookcheck says Lenovo Y700 does not support NVMe? If that's the case then I might drop this model from consideration, I have a spare nvme drive that I really want to use.

I have the Y50 (Y700's older brother) - keyboard is really good if you ask me. Trackpad is average. Travel distance for they keys is around 1.8mm IIRC which is quite good since most gaming laptops are around 1.5mm.

The cooling on the Y700 is probably the best in the category of consumer-grade notebooks.

Speakers are very good as well, designed by JBL

Screen is average - IPS, nothing special about it

Build is solid, as you've seen it's all aluminium.

There is an M.2 slot but I'm not sure if it's NVMe or not.

Anything else?

Archangel (Desktop) CPU: i5 4590 GPU:Asus R9 280  3GB RAM:HyperX Beast 2x4GBPSU:SeaSonic S12G 750W Mobo:GA-H97m-HD3 Case:CM Silencio 650 Storage:1 TB WD Red
Celestial (Laptop 1) CPU:i7 4720HQ GPU:GTX 860M 4GB RAM:2x4GB SK Hynix DDR3Storage: 250GB 850 EVO Model:Lenovo Y50-70
Seraph (Laptop 2) CPU:i7 6700HQ GPU:GTX 970M 3GB RAM:2x8GB DDR4Storage: 256GB Samsung 951 + 1TB Toshiba HDD Model:Asus GL502VT

Windows 10 is now MSX! - http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/440190-can-we-start-calling-windows-10/page-6

XPS 15 if you want the lightness. Smaller than Inspiron and professional looking. Great battery life too.

Main Gaming and Streaming PC: http://pcpartpicker.com/user/Vinsinity/saved/TjwVnQ

Ultrabook and College Laptop:

Spoiler

XPS 13 9350:

i5-6200U

8GB RAM

Samsung PM951 250GB M.2 Solid State Drive

Workstation Laptop:

Spoiler

Sager NP8672 (P670SG):

i7-4720HQ

32GB (4 x 8GB) CORSAIR Vengeance Performance

Samsung 850 EVO 250GB M.2 Solid State Drive (Boot Drive)

Samsung 950 PRO 512GB M.2 Solid State Drive (Video Drive)

Crucial MX100 250GB 2.5" Solid State Drive (Secondary SDD Storage)

Western Digital (Blue or Black) 1TB 2.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive (Storage Drive)

GeForce GTX 980M 4G

9 hours ago, ConfusedFlame said:

The product i mentioned before has a very satisfying click to the keys and once you change the palm size of the touch pad it tracks gorgeously, and has a nice silver outline to it that helps you stay on it. The cooling is great the is great if you actually use it for your lap (the vents are on the bottom, and jets out the back). its quiet and if you are just using it for typing the battery should last 8+ hours.

Thanks all for the suggestions!

An unexpected break from school means that I will be holding off on my purchase for now. I'm really liking Dell's Inspiron for the looks and specs, but it's selling for about 1280 USD in my country so I won't be buying it. The Flex 3 looked nice, but the battery life is a bit too short. The Y700 is selling really expensive here as well :(.

For context, I'm currently in Singapore.