970 asus STRIX one fan problem

AlexAlcala

So i was playing ETS2 (no money for the american version yet) at max settings and i saw my GPU temps hitting 80c, this scared me and i closed the game and opened my case. I did some F@H with this card and at full load i never hit more that 70c. I watch the fans and only one of them was spinnig. I know for a fact that when i was folding the two fans were working, but now even if i start F@H only one fan spin and the temps get more high than before. Should i RMA the card?

2 minutes ago, AlexAlcala said:

So i was playing ETS2 (no money for the american version yet) at max settings and i saw my GPU temps hitting 80c, this scared me and i closed the game and opened my case. I did some F@H with this card and at full load i never hit more that 70c. I watch the fans and only one of them was spinnig. I know for a fact that when i was folding the two fans were working, but now even if i start F@H only one fan spin and the temps get more high than before. Should i RMA the card?

Does the fan spin freely or is it stuck?

3 minutes ago, QueenDemetria said:

Does the fan spin freely or is it stuck?

freely, nothing is in their way, i can spin it with my finger with no resistance

2 minutes ago, AlexAlcala said:

freely, nothing is in their way, i can spin it with my finger with no resistance

I would double check to make sure the fans are connected properly, but if they are then I would RMA.

2 minutes ago, QueenDemetria said:

I would double check to make sure the fans are connected properly, but if they are then I would RMA.

yeah, they are well connected

i will wait to see if anyone have another suggestion, Ty

Don't Strix cards have that 'thermal zoning' or whatever? Where it only spins the fan where there is more heat? Or was that MSI? Or Sapphire? I can't remember honestly.

Anyway Strix cards run hot af just so they are quiet, terrible choice by ASUS IMO.

1 minute ago, byalexandr said:

Don't Strix cards have that 'thermal zoning' or whatever? Where it only spins the fan where there is more heat? Or was that MSI? Or Sapphire? I can't remember honestly.

Anyway Strix cards run hot af just so they are quiet, terrible choice by ASUS IMO.

MSI cards have a feature where only one fan spins, but I'm pretty sure the Asus STRIX only has the Zero-Fan mode which turns off both fans, then turns them both back on when needed.

1 minute ago, byalexandr said:

I think its MSI.

Yep it suck but i change the fan profile, its a little bit better now