Need help choosing between 2 builds. Upgradability and GTX 960 or less upgradability and GTX 970

Basically, one has a GTX 970 but I will need to buy new hardware if I want to upgrade anything (CPU Cooler for OC, Motherboard for SLI, PSU for wattage) and the other has a good PSU, really good motherboard, good enough CPU cooler but a GTX 960. There is a big jump between 960 and 970 and I'm going to be playing demanding games like Rainbow Six: Siege, The Division, AC Syndicate, at 1080p and want to achieve at least 60 fps on high-ultra settings, but I also want to be able to upgrade this PC some years later.

PC Final 2.jpg

PC Final.jpg

What would you guys choose?

id take the stronger CPU and grab a newer GPU later in year when polaris hits

Ryzen Ram Guide

My Project Logs   Iced Blood    Temporal Snow    Temporal Snow Ryzen Refresh

CPU - Ryzen 1700 @ 4Ghz  Motherboard - Gigabyte AX370 Aorus Gaming 5   Ram - 16Gb GSkill Trident Z RGB 3200  GPU - Palit 1080GTX Gamerock Premium  Storage - Samsung XP941 256GB, Crucial MX300 525GB, Seagate Barracuda 1TB   PSU - Fractal Design Newton R3 1000W  Case - INWIN 303 White Display - Asus PG278Q Gsync 144hz 1440P

8 minutes ago, SharpShooterPOR said:

What country?

Otherwise, Dual GPUs is never really worth it, and you should go for a Xeon 1231v3 if it's available over the unlocked i5, or get a less expensive i5 like the 6400 because overclocking isn't nessisary for gaming

and if the AMD cards like the 380/390 are the same price, then get those because they're faster, a 390 on it's on will be fine for 1080p high settings, or 1440p gaming, which would be a bit better than 1080p high settings.

and are you not building it yourself? because you'd probably save money building it yourself.

I edit my posts a lot, Twitter is @LordStreetguru just don't ask PC questions there mostly...

Spoiler

What is your budget/country for your new PC?

what monitor resolution/refresh rate?

What games or other software do you need to run?

13 minutes ago, SharpShooterPOR said:

Basically, one has a GTX 970 but I will need to buy new hardware if I want to upgrade anything (CPU Cooler for OC, Motherboard for SLI, PSU for wattage) and the other has a good PSU, really good motherboard, good enough CPU cooler but a GTX 960. There is a big jump between 960 and 970 and I'm going to be playing demanding games like Rainbow Six: Siege, The Division, AC Syndicate, at 1080p and want to achieve at least 60 fps on high-ultra settings, but I also want to be able to upgrade this PC some years later.

PC Final 2.jpg

PC Final.jpg

What would you guys choose?

More upgrade ability would allow you to upgrade your GPU in the future to the R9 390....go with upgradability

I would choose the 6600K system.  I have a 970 and I can tell you that you aren't always going to get 60fps in 1080 on ultra.  You will quite often, but theres a good number of games out there that you have to sacrifice SOME quality settings to get that..  So unless you're thinking bigger in the video card department I wouldn't get too excited about that dream.

I would urge you to give building the system yourself a shot.  Not that you'll get a much better deal these days, but at the very least its nice to control every piece that you buy.  There's many people here that can help you choose the parts if you need, all you typically have to do is tell folks what you want to do with it, and what your budget is.  As far as assembly goes, there's lots of good instructional videos out there and it's not hard at all.

my work in progress

i5 6600k  //  16gb g.skill ddr4 3000  //  evga gtx 980

custom water loop

34 minutes ago, givegomezthegun said:

I would choose the 6600K system.  I have a 970 and I can tell you that you aren't always going to get 60fps in 1080 on ultra.  You will quite often, but theres a good number of games out there that you have to sacrifice SOME quality settings to get that..  So unless you're thinking bigger in the video card department I wouldn't get too excited about that dream.

I would urge you to give building the system yourself a shot.  Not that you'll get a much better deal these days, but at the very least its nice to control every piece that you buy.  There's many people here that can help you choose the parts if you need, all you typically have to do is tell folks what you want to do with it, and what your budget is.  As far as assembly goes, there's lots of good instructional videos out there and it's not hard at all.

I surely didn't make myself clear...I built this pc myself, and chose all of the components,now seeing that I'm an ignorant who doesn't know about partpicking, i'm gonna open a thread tomorrow for you guys to help me build my pc from scratch.

Anyways thanks for the help from all of you and I know now that it I should not be going for the 970 but instead, I should go for upgradability, looking forward for more help tomorrow!