Suggestions, Tips, Ideas or that stuffs

Scottsamass

I am about to purchase parts for a system, dosed any one have any recommendations or suggestions.

CPU: 5960X

CPU Cooler: Cooler Master V8 GTS or Noctua NH-D15, still deciding

Mobo: X99A Gaming 9 ACK

RAM: 16gb, possibly 32gb of G.Skill Trident Z

GPU: x2 MSI GTX 980Ti Gaming 6G in SLI

Storage: x2 Samsung SSD 820 Pro 2TB

PSU: Antec HCG-900

Case: BitFenix Colossus, or Phanteks Ethoo Luxe, also still deciding

LEDs: NZXT Hue

There Will be additional Fans installed, they are just not of any importance or relevance in this topic.

There aren't budget restrictions for this, but the idea is to be powerful, but not so over the top, with the exception of the 32gb of RAM, so around the $5000 price range sounds good.  Also this is meant to be a red and black themed build.

Go with the NH-D15 for the cooler. Did you mean the 850 pro? You can get the the 850 evo and save some money. Theres not much of a difference. You have the money for 32 gb so why not go for it? That PSU is pretty bad. I would recommend these ones: 

http://pcpartpicker.com/part/evga-power-supply-220p20850x1

http://pcpartpicker.com/part/corsair-power-supply-ax860i.  Other than that seems good. 

If you're not worried about a budget why not just go with closed loop water cooling, like getting an h100i gtx from corsair. Just curious

2 minutes ago, cheshgoalie21 said:

If you're not worried about a budget why not just go with closed loop water cooling, like getting an h100i gtx from corsair. Just curious

The only reason I am not doing any sort of water cooling, is because I find it hard to get a really pleasing aesthetic look with out doing custom hard line loop, and what is stopping me from doing that is the fact that I have very little experience with Liquid cooling, and that I don't have the full time to learn how build a custom hard line loop, and then actually do it.  If this was my own personal build (sadly its not) then I would.  The idea for this build is to preform extremely well, and to look pretty kick ass, and i figured the best way to do that is by going with a air cooled CPU.  If that makes sense.

1 minute ago, Scottsamass said:

The only reason I am not doing any sort of water cooling, is because I find it hard to get a really pleasing aesthetic look with out doing custom hard line loop, and what is stopping me from doing that is the fact that I have very little experience with Liquid cooling, and that I don't have the full time to learn how build a custom hard line loop, and then actually do it.  If this was my own personal build (sadly its not) then I would.  The idea for this build is to preform extremely well, and to look pretty kick ass, and i figured the best way to do that is by going with a air cooled CPU.  If that makes sense.

Completely understood, everybody has their preferences.That cooler master will definitely make it look kick ass!