R9 390 overlocking

Today I ordered my new GPU R9 390 Nitro saphire. It has stock 1040MHz speed and 6000MHz memory.

As I was looking on web, overclocking memory wouldn't bring me much performance, so I would like to know how much can I overclock my GPU to still be safe.

I don't like increasing voltage, because I heard that can damage my GPU and warranty wouldn't cover that. But what if I only overclock GPU speed without adding any extra mV? Can GPU still get dammaged and I won't be able to use warranty?

If I don't increase voltage, I should only worry about temperature? Or is there some other factor that might affect my GPU life?

Intel i7 12700K | Gigabyte Z690 Gaming X DDR4 | Pure Loop 240mm | G.Skill 3200MHz 32GB CL14 | CM V850 G2 | RTX 3070 Phoenix | Lian Li O11 Air mini

Samsung EVO 960 M.2 250GB | Samsung EVO 860 PRO 512GB | 4x Be Quiet! Silent Wings 140mm fans

WD My Cloud 4TB

Most warranties say you can't OC, but they have no way of knowing. Also, normally you can only add a small amount of voltage which is limited by the card, unless you unlock it. The small amount they let you add won't hurt it too much. 390's can get up to 95C safely, so there's not much worry there. Basically OC to your hearts content.

Here's a great guide, 

Spoiler

Prometheus (Main Rig)

CPU-Z Verification

Laptop: 

Spoiler

Intel Core i3-5005U, 8GB RAM, Crucial MX 100 128GB, Touch-Screen, Intel 7260 WiFi/Bluetooth card.

Phone:

Game Consoles:

Spoiler

Softmodded Fat PS2 w/ 80GB HDD, and a Dreamcast.

If you want my attention quote my post, or tag me. If you don't use PCPartPicker I will ignore your build.

Add as much voltage as you want until you get diminishing returns or it throttles. 

Current PC: Origin Millennium- i7 5820K @4.0GHz | GTX 980Ti SLI | X99 Deluxe 

Theres no set number to change your GPU's settings to OC the most efficiently. All cards are different so you will need to check out someones OC guide and test out your own card. Can sometimes take a few hours to get it to the optimal settings, as you will need to make minor changes, then test it with something like Valley benchmark to check for any issues/artifacts until you get to the point where your card is at its peak without showing any negative effects.

My Rigs:

Gaming/CAD/Rendering Rig
Case:
 Corsair Air 240 , CPU: i7-4790K, Mobo: ASUS Gryphon Z97 mATX,  GPU: Gigabyte G1 Gaming GTX 970, RAM: G.Skill Sniper 16GB, SSD: SAMSUNG 1TB 840 EVO, Cooling: Corsair H80i PCPP: https://au.pcpartpicker.com/b/f2TH99SFF HTPC
Case:
Silverstone ML06B, CPU: Pentium G3258, Mobo: Gigabyte GA-H97N-WiFi, RAM: G.Skill 4GB, SSD: Kingston SSDNow 120GB PCPP: https://au.pcpartpicker.com/b/JmZ8TW

So I will overclock it by 10MHz at a time and test stability with valley benchmark.

I just hope overclocking won't dammage my card, and I can only pay that there is no way to find out if card was overclocked or not (for warranty issues).

Intel i7 12700K | Gigabyte Z690 Gaming X DDR4 | Pure Loop 240mm | G.Skill 3200MHz 32GB CL14 | CM V850 G2 | RTX 3070 Phoenix | Lian Li O11 Air mini

Samsung EVO 960 M.2 250GB | Samsung EVO 860 PRO 512GB | 4x Be Quiet! Silent Wings 140mm fans

WD My Cloud 4TB

23 minutes ago, Simon771 said:

So I will overclock it by 10MHz at a time and test stability with valley benchmark.

I just hope overclocking won't dammage my card, and I can only pay that there is no way to find out if card was overclocked or not (for warranty issues).

I had your exact fears as I overclocked my 290X, with voltage as long as the core doesn't pass 94°C you can continue increasing clocks on the core, if you get flashing white lines on the screen, flashing shapes etc, then you need to roll back the overclock by 50mhz. Only increase voltage in tiny amounts, too much and the card will get very hot.

Pixelbook Go i5 Pixel 4 XL 

OC'ing has become foolproof, don't worry so much. 

Thanks for all informations guys :)

I just hope to get my R9 390 soon ... my first order from outside my country ^^

WD My Cloud 4TB