First Gaming PC build

Zacharious1

All products are on amazon.com and are based off US prices. This PC will be my gaming PC and i want to make sure that i am making the best decisions for a build at a $800-$1000 price range. Please let me know if there is something i should swap out on this list. I'm trying to keep the build under $900, I will however go about $100 over to pick up a must have or to allow for swaps with more bang for the buck. Currently the build comes in at $885.25. I already have a monitor, though not a great one, and i have an OS. Thank you for the help!

ASUS LGA1151 DDR4 DisplayPort HDMI SATA 6Gb/s USB 3.1 H170 ATX Motherboards H170 PRO GAMING

VIVO "Athena" ATX Mid Tower Computer Gaming PC Case Black with Window/ 4 Fan Mount, USB 3.0 (CASE-V04)

G.SKILL 8GB (2 x 4GB) Ripjaws V Series DDR4 PC4-17000 2133MHz Intel Z170 Platform Intel X99 Platform Desktop Memory Model F4-2133C15D-8GVR

Seagate 1TB Desktop SSHD(Solid State Hybrid Drive) SATA 6Gb/s 64MB Cache 3.5-Inch Internal Bare Drive (ST1000DX001)

Intel Boxed Core I5-6500 FC-LGA14C 3.20 Ghz 6 M Processor Cache 4 LGA 1151 BX80662I56500

EVGA 600 B1 80+ BRONZE, 600W Continuous Power, 3 Year Warranty Power Supply 100-B1-0600-KR

XFX DOUBLE DISSIPATION R9 390 1015MHZ XXX OC 8GB DDR5 DISPLAYPORT HDMI DUAL DVI

Get a better PSU like a EVGA GS/G2 or Seasonic  S12-||.

If you want to reply back to me or someone else USE THE QUOTE BUTTON!                                                      
Pascal laptops guide

1 minute ago, Zacharious1 said:

How many Watts?

600-550W would be enough, just get a better PSU.

If you want to reply back to me or someone else USE THE QUOTE BUTTON!                                                      
Pascal laptops guide

Just now, Zacharious1 said:

How many Watts?

Why only amazon? I vote this btw:

PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant

CPU: Intel Core i5-6500 3.2GHz Quad-Core Processor  ($204.99 @ Amazon) 
Motherboard: MSI B150 Gaming M3 ATX LGA1151 Motherboard  ($109.99 @ Amazon) 
Memory: Corsair Vengeance LPX 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR4-3000 Memory  ($69.94 @ Amazon) 
Storage: Samsung 850 EVO-Series 250GB 2.5" Solid State Drive  ($85.49 @ Amazon) 
Storage: Seagate Barracuda 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive  ($49.99 @ Amazon) 
Video Card: PowerColor Radeon R9 390 8GB PCS+ Video Card  ($299.99 @ Amazon) 
Case: Fractal Design Define S w/Window ATX Mid Tower Case  ($101.06 @ Amazon) 
Power Supply: EVGA SuperNOVA G2 550W 80+ Gold Certified Fully-Modular ATX Power Supply  ($79.99 @ Amazon) 
Total: $1001.44
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2016-02-16 16:21 EST-0500

USEFUL LINKS:

PSU Tier List F@H stats

3 minutes ago, Zacharious1 said:

How many Watts?

550W or more

I spent $2500 on building my PC and all i do with it is play no games atm & watch anime at 1080p(finally) watch YT and write essays...  nothing, it just sits there collecting dust...

Builds:

The Toaster Project! Northern Bee!

The original LAN PC build log! (Old, dead and replaced by The Toaster Project & 5.0)

Spoiler

"Here is some advice that might have gotten lost somewhere along the way in your life. 

#1. Treat others as you would like to be treated.

#2. It's best to keep your mouth shut; and appear to be stupid, rather than open it and remove all doubt.

#3. There is nothing "wrong" with being wrong. Learning from a mistake can be more valuable than not making one in the first place.

Follow these simple rules in life, and I promise you, things magically get easier. " - MageTank 31-10-2016

Thank you for the suggestion. I'll replace the one in my cart with the one you have suggested

Looks good, just get an EVGA B2 instead of B1

Current Build: Core i7 4790k @ 4.6, Asus Maximus VII Hero, Corsair Vengeance Pro 2400mhz 8gb (2x4gb), GTX 980ti, NZXT Kraken X61, Fractal Define R5  EVGA Supernova B2 850w, Some 300gb hard drive.

http://pcpartpicker.com/p/W7CNrH

1 minute ago, TheRandomness said:

Storage: Seagate Barracuda 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive  ($49.99 @ Amazon) 
Power Supply: EVGA SuperNOVA G2 550W 80+ Gold Certified Fully-Modular ATX Power Supply  ($79.99 @ Amazon) 

and here the legend goes again, suggesting a way surperior build for the same price... dafuq man, how are you so good at this xD

I spent $2500 on building my PC and all i do with it is play no games atm & watch anime at 1080p(finally) watch YT and write essays...  nothing, it just sits there collecting dust...

Builds:

The Toaster Project! Northern Bee!

The original LAN PC build log! (Old, dead and replaced by The Toaster Project & 5.0)

Spoiler

"Here is some advice that might have gotten lost somewhere along the way in your life. 

#1. Treat others as you would like to be treated.

#2. It's best to keep your mouth shut; and appear to be stupid, rather than open it and remove all doubt.

#3. There is nothing "wrong" with being wrong. Learning from a mistake can be more valuable than not making one in the first place.

Follow these simple rules in life, and I promise you, things magically get easier. " - MageTank 31-10-2016

2 minutes ago, TheRandomness said:

May i ask why the change in Motherboard and case? 

2 minutes ago, Bananasplit_00 said:

and here the legend goes again, suggesting a way surperior build for the same price... dafuq man, how are you so good at this xD

I've had a while of practise. Quite a while... xD

May i ask why the change in Motherboard and case? 

Because A: The motherboard wasn't on pcpp and B: Idk, change the case back if you wish.

USEFUL LINKS:

PSU Tier List F@H stats

Just now, TheRandomness said:

I've had a while of practise. Quite a while... xD

Because A: The motherboard wasn't on pcpp and B: Idk, change the case back if you wish.

No its great. I just wanted to know if the one i selected had bugs or problems. Like i said, this is my first PC and i don't wanna screw it up.

No its great. I just wanted to know if the one i selected had bugs or problems. Like i said, this is my first PC and i don't wanna screw it up.

Don't worry, PC building is very hard to screw up :D

USEFUL LINKS:

PSU Tier List F@H stats

Just now, TheRandomness said:

Don't worry, PC building is very hard to screw up :D

Sweet. Is and SSD a must these days or can i get by relatively well without one?

Just now, Zacharious1 said:

Sweet. Is and SSD a must these days or can i get by relatively well without one?

It's not a must but it's a very, very nice thing to have. Once your boot time is in seconds you never go back.

USEFUL LINKS:

PSU Tier List F@H stats

1 hour ago, TheRandomness said:

It's not a must but it's a very, very nice thing to have. Once your boot time is in seconds you never go back.

Last question for now...

Will this ram work with this mobo?

G.SKILL 8GB (2 x 4GB) Ripjaws V Series DDR4 PC4-17000 2133MHz Intel Z170 Platform Intel X99 Platform Desktop Memory Model F4-2133C15D-8GVR

MSI Computer ATX DDR4 Motherboard B150A GAMING PRO

9 minutes ago, Zacharious1 said:

Last question for now...

Will this ram work with this mobo?

MSI Computer ATX DDR4 Motherboard B150A GAMING PRO

So long as the RAM is DDR4 then yes. Please use the PSU in my list (please)

USEFUL LINKS:

PSU Tier List F@H stats