Please help

AIO
Go to solution Solved by lubblig,
35 minutes ago, AIO said:

Hi there!

I am a student and have a school project with programming, and there is a little thing that is really bothering me, and have no idea how to solve. I have made a forum (using google) which collects reusults and based on said results sends a special email. To do this I used the script editor of excel, which seems to be a rip off of html and java. My problem is rather simple, the opening '{' does want to close with the ending '}'. I have checked, and have no open '{}'. It is willing to close till this paragrpah: 

message = message + "<br/><br/>    Regards    <br/><br/>           Automessagemaker" 
    var subject = "Survey results ";
    var advancedArgs = {htmlBody:message};   
    MailApp.sendEmail(emailAddress, subject, message, advancedArgs);

After which I am unable to close the bracket. Any help?

Thanks in advance

First of all, please fix the formatting text color and back color to support the forum properly, also read this: https://linustechtips.com/main/announcement/12-please-use-code-tags/ This will explain how using code tags work. It is a lot easier to see your code if you use it since it will format better.

Anyway, to your problem. Since I do not have the entire code nor the error message you're getting I don't know if I'm even solving the issue you have. But what I can see is that the first line of code you provided:

message = message + "<br/><br/>    Regards    <br/><br/>           Automessagemaker" 

seems to be missing a semi colon. So try adding one after Automessagemaker" and it should be fine, probably (again, I cannot see the rest of the code nor the error message.

So use this instead:

message = message + "<br/><br/>    Regards    <br/><br/>           Automessagemaker"; 

//Semi colon added to tell compiler that the code finsihed there and something new is comming.

Hopefully I understood and this helps you. Otherwise I will probably need more code and the error message you're getting to be able to help.

Hi there!

I am a student and have a school project with programming, and there is a little thing that is really bothering me, and have no idea how to solve. I have made a forum (using google) which collects reusults and based on said results sends a special email. To do this I used the script editor of excel, which seems to be a rip off of html and java. My problem is rather simple, the opening '{' does want to close with the ending '}'. I have checked, and have no open '{}'. It is willing to close till this paragrpah: 

message = message + "<br/><br/>    Regards    <br/><br/>           Automessagemaker" 

Thanks in advance

35 minutes ago, AIO said:

Hi there!

Thanks in advance

First of all, please fix the formatting text color and back color to support the forum properly, also read this: https://linustechtips.com/main/announcement/12-please-use-code-tags/ This will explain how using code tags work. It is a lot easier to see your code if you use it since it will format better.

Anyway, to your problem. Since I do not have the entire code nor the error message you're getting I don't know if I'm even solving the issue you have. But what I can see is that the first line of code you provided:

message = message + "<br/><br/>    Regards    <br/><br/>           Automessagemaker" 

seems to be missing a semi colon. So try adding one after Automessagemaker" and it should be fine, probably (again, I cannot see the rest of the code nor the error message.

So use this instead:

message = message + "<br/><br/>    Regards    <br/><br/>           Automessagemaker"; 

//Semi colon added to tell compiler that the code finsihed there and something new is comming.

Hopefully I understood and this helps you. Otherwise I will probably need more code and the error message you're getting to be able to help.

Spoiler

System:

i5 3570k @ 4.4 GHz, MSI Z77A-G43, Dominator Platinum 1600MHz 16GB (2x8GB), EVGA GTX 980ti 6GB, CM HAF XM, Samsung 850 Pro 256GB + Some WD Red HDD, Corsair RM850 80+ Gold, Asus Xonar Essence STX, Windows 10 Pro 64bit

PCPP:

http://pcpartpicker.com/p/znZqcf