what excites you 2016

moderategamer
1 hour ago, Real_PhillBert said:

Sweet!

The company I work for operates three 4500W lasers and one 6000W laser. I have been kind of keeping an eye on the consumer level stuff for myself too.

Should be a fun tool. :)

That's a few times more powerful than mine. But it also probably costs a bit more than $4,000. I mainly plan to use it for etching and cutting hard woods for things like jewelry boxes. Can't wait to start messing with it.

My buddy is also a freelance graphic artist and he egged me on to buy it so he could use it. I have much more dollars than sense.

CPU: Intel Core i7 8700k CPU Cooler: Corsair Hydro Series H100i Mobo:  Memory: G.Skill Ripjaws X 32GB 2133 Storage #1: 1TB 850 EVO SSD Storage #2: Western Digital Black 2TB Storage #3: Western Digital Green 4TB GPU: Gigabyte 980 Ti G1 Case: Mastercase5 PSU: EVGA 750 W G2 80+Gold Keyboard: Corsair K70 RGB Cherry MX Brown Mouse: Razer Deathadder Elite Monitor: LG 34UM94 Headset: Bose

Phone: Samsung Galaxy S9

1 minute ago, paps511 said:

That's a few times more powerful than mine. But it also probably costs a bit more than $4,000. I mainly plan to use it for etching and cutting hard woods for things like jewelry boxes. Can't wait to start messing with it.

My buddy is also a freelance graphic artist and he egged me on to buy it so he could use it. I have much more dollars than sense.

Yeah, our 6kw Laser was over $1 million with all the material handling and loading add ons.

There are a lot of fun little projects you can do once you can laser out material. I'm a bit jealous. :)

CPU: i9-13900k MOBO: Asus Strix Z790-E RAM: 64GB GSkill  CPU Cooler: Corsair H170i

GPU: Asus Strix RTX-4090 Case: Fractal Torrent PSU: Corsair HX-1000i Storage: 2TB Samsung 990 Pro

Hmm, I'm going to Saint Peterburg for the first time, which I'm very much looking forward to.

My wife, my daughter and I are going to stay with my in-laws for two weeks.  

Nova doctrina terribilis sit perdere

Audio format guides: Vinyl records | Cassette tapes