Problems with starting up my PC

Senenter

Hi guys!

So i have a bit of an odd problem. 9 out of 10 times when i want to startup my PC it wont do anything. Now when i turn off the PSU and pullout the cable and start mashing the On button on my case and re-insert the PSU cable and turn the PSU on most of the time it start up but sometimes ik takes like doing this 3-4 times before it works. I think it has to do with the PSU but i am not sure. Anyone a idea to what this could be?

Thanks in advance!

That sounds annoying!

I'd just RMA the PSU or maybe try and get a diffrent one to ensure it is that!!

See my Build here!

Intel 6700k -  Strix GTX 1080Ti - Corsair AX760 - Corsair Dominator 16GB 3000MHz - ASUS Maximus VIII Hero

Seagate Barracuda 1TB -  Samsung 120GB 840 - Samsung 840 EVO 250GB - Corsair H100i - Corsair Air 540 White -

Corsair AF120 - 2x Noctua NF-F12 - 3 x Noctua NF-S12

Dell S2417DG - Dell UH2515H 

Just now, IAcKI said:

That sounds annoying!

I'd just RMA the PSU or maybe try and get a diffrent one to ensure it is that!!

Haha yeah it is annoying as hell. problem is though i really need my PC for project's i am doing on youtube since it is my main recording rig. (my laptop isnt gonna cut sadly). But i will contact the retailer that sold me the unit.

Just now, raider009 said:

Haha yeah it is annoying as hell. problem is though i really need my PC for project's i am doing on youtube since it is my main recording rig. (my laptop isnt gonna cut sadly). But i will contact the retailer that sold me the unit.

By the looks of it is it a Corsair PSU?

See my Build here!

Intel 6700k -  Strix GTX 1080Ti - Corsair AX760 - Corsair Dominator 16GB 3000MHz - ASUS Maximus VIII Hero

Seagate Barracuda 1TB -  Samsung 120GB 840 - Samsung 840 EVO 250GB - Corsair H100i - Corsair Air 540 White -

Hate you tried shorting the power button pins on the MoBo to see if you prehaps have a bad power button on your case? Have you checked the CMOS battery voltage?

My Rig: 2x Xeon x5690 @ 3.45Ghz 24GB DDR3 EEC RAM Asus STRIX GeForce GTX 970 SuperMicro X8DT3 Windows Server 2008 R2

Here's a little TL;DR of what you need to know about the GTX 970 and R9 390

R9 390 works better in VRAM-bound scenarios and compute bound scenarios and is best paired with higher end processors

GTX 970 works better in CPU-bound scenarios and tessellation bound scenarios and is best paired with lower end processors

Just now, raider009 said:

Yes! It is a Corsair RM750 which i now have for around 1.5 years. 

First, They're very disliked on this forum (Maybe for legit reasons). And Corsair's RMA is Excellent. Whenever I've RMA'd a corsair product I had to ship it to the Netherlands so you may be in luck. I got a brand new H100i when mine broke within 3 days of me shipping it off!

See my Build here!

Sounds like an issue with the capacitors (could be the motherboard or the PSU iirc).

Unplugging the power cable and holding the power button for 10 seconds should drain all of the capacitors and allow you to start your machine.

26 minutes ago, IAcKI said:

First, They're very disliked on this forum (Maybe for legit reasons). And Corsair's RMA is Excellent. Whenever I've RMA'd a corsair product I had to ship it to the Netherlands so you may be in luck. I got a brand new H100i when mine broke within 3 days of me shipping it off!

My opinion on Corsair's RMA here is a little bit mixed since the first time everything went great but the second time it was horrible lol. But i will contact them and see what they have to say :)