Noctua NH-U9DX i4 questions

BradH
Go to solution Solved by Octavialicious,

Using two right now, great little coolers :) You can even take the second fan off depending on how good your case cooling is. Have you looked at the U12DXi4 though? It looks a bit beefier, which would be better if you OC.

I was wondering if anyone had any experience with the noctua U9DX i4 cooler i plan on using it with my 5820k and its one of the few coolers that will fit on the asrock X99E itx motherboard. And before you say its overkill for itx i know but i    already have the cpu and motherboard and dont want to buy new ones.

Using two right now, great little coolers :) You can even take the second fan off depending on how good your case cooling is. Have you looked at the U12DXi4 though? It looks a bit beefier, which would be better if you OC.

// irenebb-pc v5 // [] Intel i5-9400F [] Radeon VII Lisa Su Edition [] 24GB Crucial Ballistix [] Acer ED323QUR (1440p/144hz) []

Just now, Octavialicious said:

Using two right now, great little coolers :) You can even take the second fan off depending on how good your case cooling is. 

is there room to overclock at all? i plan on using the ncase m1 and fill all the fan slots so should be good airflow

Just now, BradH said:

is there room to overclock at all? i plan on using the ncase m1 and fill all the fan slots so should be good airflow

I'd say so, but don't expect anything crazy. (unless you want to ramp the fans up a bit!)

// irenebb-pc v5 // [] Intel i5-9400F [] Radeon VII Lisa Su Edition [] 24GB Crucial Ballistix [] Acer ED323QUR (1440p/144hz) []

1 minute ago, Octavialicious said:

I'd say so, but don't expect anything crazy. (unless you want to ramp the fans up a bit!)

wasnt planning on anything crazy but its fun to tinker also i saw in your profile you put 120mm fans onto the coolers may i ask how?

1 minute ago, BradH said:

wasnt planning on anything crazy but its fun to tinker also i saw in your profile you put 120mm fans onto the coolers may i ask how?

Oh, those 5 are used around the case (3x Intake on the radiator, 1 outtake and one for VRM cooling) I will update my profile as it is misleading. Sorry!

Just now, Octavialicious said:

Oh, those 5 are used around the case (3x Intake on the radiator, 1 outtake and one for VRM cooling) I will update my profile as it is misleading. Sorry!

ahhh ok thats what i thought but wasnt sure :) ty for the help

Just now, BradH said:

ahhh ok thats what i thought but wasnt sure :) ty for the help

No problem, good luck!