What is normal temps for 5960x with kraken x41/61

Go to solution Solved by VerticalDiscussions,
5 minutes ago, Bajantechnician said:

-snip-

Yeah theyr totally fine. If your too worried still, maybe you could try to add some extra fans or clean/replace them or even renew the thermal paste and attempt to improve airflow by moving it to a cooler place, but otherwise those temperatures are fine. For reference, my H110I GT with a locked I5 4670, gets about 38Cº at max loads, but that again is fine, since at idles it sits at 24-26Cº. Yours is a 5960X and even overclocked, still manages to get relatively chilly, with the X61. Overclocking further with the X41 may not be as pleasent to look at temperatures, but even so its fine for a single fan all in one. 

Sidenote: At idle, a Kraken X61 should get it to 22-25Cº. So at 30Cº with a slight oc, it looks fine.

If the cpu is not overclocked and idle, with the X61, you should be looking at under 25Cº or less, depending on your computers location. With the X41, under 30-35Cº is mostlikely, at idle. At full speeds, with the X61, 40Cº should be the maximum range, and with the X41, 48Cº but not yet 50's Cº

Groomlake Authority

Just now, VerticalDiscussions said:

If the cpu is not overclocked and idle, with the X61, you should be looking at under 25Cº or less, depending on your computers location. With the X41, under 30Cº is mostlikely, at idle. At full speeds, with the X61, 40Cº should be near the maximum range, and with the X41, 45Cº but not yet 50Cº

overclocked to ~3.5 i was getting 30 with the x61 and 45 with the x41

Just now, Bajantechnician said:

-snip-

Well, that sounds pretty healthy, but then again it was an extra 0.5Ghz. Were you stress testing at the time?

Groomlake Authority

Just now, VerticalDiscussions said:

Well, that sounds pretty healthy, but then again it was an extra 0.5Ghz. Were you stress testing at the time?

no, thats idle temps

1 minute ago, Bajantechnician said:

-snip-

Well then, you shouldnt be alarmed, at least with the X61, you wont be getting ever near 60's. With the X41 mostlikely, you will get close to 65-70's but at 100% cores usage. 

Groomlake Authority

1 minute ago, VerticalDiscussions said:

Well then, you shouldnt be alarmed, at least with the X61, you wont be getting ever near 60's. With the X41 mostlikely, you will get close to 65-70's but at 100% cores usage. 

so my temps are ok?

5 minutes ago, Bajantechnician said:

-snip-

Yeah theyr totally fine. If your too worried still, maybe you could try to add some extra fans or clean/replace them or even renew the thermal paste and attempt to improve airflow by moving it to a cooler place, but otherwise those temperatures are fine. For reference, my H110I GT with a locked I5 4670, gets about 38Cº at max loads, but that again is fine, since at idles it sits at 24-26Cº. Yours is a 5960X and even overclocked, still manages to get relatively chilly, with the X61. Overclocking further with the X41 may not be as pleasent to look at temperatures, but even so its fine for a single fan all in one. 

Sidenote: At idle, a Kraken X61 should get it to 22-25Cº. So at 30Cº with a slight oc, it looks fine.

Groomlake Authority

2 minutes ago, VerticalDiscussions said:

I see.

Thank You

4 hours ago, VerticalDiscussions said:

im back.

so installed a x61 on the 5960x,

not crashing for some reason so far.....

30Cidle, 3.56ghz,

ok?

10 hours ago, Bajantechnician said:

-snip-

Yeah its okay, You shouldnt be alarmed unless temperatures at idle reach over 40Cº. At 3.5Ghz, its a steady temperature, if the surrounding area is 20-25Cº. 

Groomlake Authority