MOBO,M.2 port and DIMM slots

Is it important for MOBOS to have an M.2?

Is there a difference in performance between a MOBO with 2 DIMM slots and one with 4 DIMM slots?

Lastly, does putting only 1 DIMM(8 GB) in a MOBO with 2 DIMM slots(MAX 32 GB) has a differnce from putting 2 DIMMS(2x4 GB) in the same MOBO?

With 2x4 you can get dual-channel ram

M.2 slot makes you able to install M.2 cards which most people wont need.

edit: but you won't need 4 slots for dual-channel, just two sticks

I'll buy a MOBO with 2 slots for RAM and i am thinking to buy 1 DIMM RAM 8 GB and not 2 DIMMS RAM 4 GB so as later to buy 1 more DIMM RAM 8 GB to have 16 GB in the end. But is this gonna affect negatively the performance of ram or generally something in the system, using 1 of 2 slots for RAM?Will the performance be the same?

The differences between dual and single channel isnt that huge in real world applications, unless you plan on running an APU. If you plan on upgrading later and only have 2 slots, I would definitely get a larger single stick so you only have to buy one stick when upgrading in the future. 

I personally would get a board with M.2 for future upgrading if I were buying a board. While SATA SSDs are fast, they are currently bottlenecked by the SATA interface. If you do get a board with M.2, just make sure it uses the PCI interface and not SATA or you will be faced with the same limitation of 6 Gb/s. Many have not upgraded to M.2 due to the price, they are still relatively high compared to SATA SSDs but expect that to change over time. M.2(using PCI) is much much faster than SATA SSDs particularly if using the new NVMe interface.