LinkedList in NetBeans (Java)

Claryn
Go to solution Solved by Claryn,
Just now, Philosobyte said:

It's extremely unlikely to be an issue with Netbeans. It must be a problem with your code or setup. Post the relevant code, including imports.

Was missing the 

public [object] next; 

decleration in my object class. 

SOLVED. Post was live for 2 minutes before I solved it myself. I spent 30 minutes fiddling around before making the post :/ damn it

Hi.

I am working on a small project, and I need to use a LinkedList. I have played around with LinkedLists before in Java, with Eclipse, where I have made a very simple customer-registry/queue for the IT-department on my school.

Now I need to use it together with NetBeans, and I decided to reuse a lot of my code.

The problem now is that I get an error when I type front.next; previous.next; etc in Netbeans. I have simply copied my code over from my old compiler Eclipse. 

Error: "Cannot find symbol. 

Symbol: variable text

Is Netbeans not able to understand the front,previous and current.next?

Running Arch with i3-gaps on a Thinkpad X1 Extreme
Data Science Postgrad

It's extremely unlikely to be an issue with Netbeans. It must be a problem with your code or setup. Post the relevant code, including imports. edit: also post what JDK you're using with Netbeans.

Just now, Philosobyte said:

It's extremely unlikely to be an issue with Netbeans. It must be a problem with your code or setup. Post the relevant code, including imports.

Was missing the 

public [object] next; 

SOLVED. Post was live for 2 minutes before I solved it myself. I spent 30 minutes fiddling around before making the post :/ damn it

Running Arch with i3-gaps on a Thinkpad X1 Extreme
Data Science Postgrad

6 minutes ago, Claryn said:

Was missing the 

public [object] next; 

#RubberDuckyDebugging

That time I saved Linus' WiFi pass from appearing on YouTube: 

A sudden Linus re-appears : http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/390793-important-dailymotion-account-still-active/