i7-2600 or fx-8300

Taavi626
4 minutes ago, Dabombinable said:

If your being sarcastic, add "/s" at the end.

duly noted 

/s

how's that. go back and read the thread. 

20 minutes ago, Alexokan said:

OP, this is what happens when you buy a FX-83XX - you become like this raging guy on the internet. 

AMD wronged him, as if he was sexually assaulted, and now he has to spread his hate all over the internet to make himself feel better. 

Don't be like this guy, buy Intel. 

AMD did played it wrong by focusing adertising on clock speed and ''core'' count...both of which turn out to be super irrelevant when all this is based on super old inneficient CPU architecture...

This i like compairing a 1978 cadillac deville V8 to a Subaru Impreza STI...yes one has an 8 cylinder engine, but is it really faster? :P now i know that kind of stuff, and i do this so that other people won't do the same mistakes i did.

Buy intel, you won't regret it...it's faster, more modern, more efficient and just plain better across the board.

| CPU: Core i7-8700K @ 4.89ghz - 1.21v  Motherboard: Asus ROG STRIX Z370-E GAMING  CPU Cooler: Corsair H100i V2 |
| GPU: MSI RTX 3080Ti Ventus 3X OC  RAM: 32GB T-Force Delta RGB 3066mhz |
| Displays: Acer Predator XB270HU 1440p Gsync 144hz IPS Gaming monitor | Oculus Quest 2 VR

17 hours ago, Alexokan said:

OP, this is what happens when you buy a FX-83XX - you become like this raging guy on the internet. 

AMD wronged him, as if he was sexually assaulted, and now he has to spread his hate all over the internet to make himself feel better. 

Don't be like this guy, buy Intel. 

i kinda like this text :D but i have no actual prefference on AMD or intel, and i have time so u can have more arguement on this topic for longer time to make clear which would be better choice. I would say myself so far that intel is clearly better idea, but 1 thing more - buying used processor means u never get that performance like it was new.

41 minutes ago, Taavi626 said:

buying used processor means u never get that performance like it was new.

no that is complete bullshit, a CPU will work to 100% of it's original performance for it's entire lifespan which is usually 10 years+ especially in case of the i7-2600 for example which is not overclockeable and run at a very decent amount of voltages and heat so it should last a while...i would not worry about it even one bit i have some 20 years old cpu's in a box upstairs that are still working 100% fine and they have been abused to death...cpu are though man.

And like i said, they work to 100% capacity all the way through until they die and then that 100% drop to 0% instantly. But it won't happen to the i7-2600 anytime soon if it's working today it'll very likely still work exactly the same in 5 years from now unless something bad happen to it (you drop it, you purposedly overvolt it to death, you run it without a CPU cooler...shit like that)

| CPU: Core i7-8700K @ 4.89ghz - 1.21v  Motherboard: Asus ROG STRIX Z370-E GAMING  CPU Cooler: Corsair H100i V2 |
| GPU: MSI RTX 3080Ti Ventus 3X OC  RAM: 32GB T-Force Delta RGB 3066mhz |
| Displays: Acer Predator XB270HU 1440p Gsync 144hz IPS Gaming monitor | Oculus Quest 2 VR

Well depends. I believe the 2600 supports limited overclocking up to a39x multiplier. Combine that with a slight 103-105 bclock boost and you probably an get about 4ghz.

Single threaded performance is also much better on sandy bridge.

AMD Ryzen R7 1700 (3.8ghz) w/ NH-D14, EVGA RTX 2080 XC (stock), 4*4GB DDR4 3000MT/s RAM, Gigabyte AB350-Gaming-3 MB, CX750M PSU, 1.5TB SDD + 7TB HDD, Phanteks enthoo pro case