Galaxy S6 Battery Issue

aviationjames

Hi,

Having issues with my phone and the battery. Google Play Services is at the top of the list, and always is when I am on 3G/4G. Had to reset the phone 3 times to try and fix it, but it is still happening after all the resets.

Battery also drains about 1% every 35 minutes on Wi-Fi, don't have many apps installed either.

Any advice would be good thanks. Here are some screenshots of the battery graph...

Screenshot_2016-02-15-12-00-16.png

Screenshot_2016-02-15-12-00-19.png

Screenshot_2016-02-15-12-00-22.png

Screenshot_2016-02-15-12-00-25.png

I had an issue with this myself a while back but it was with a huawei phone, the only solution i had that saved the battery was to restrict background data to preserve battery.

But if you say after 35 mins the battery goes to 1% sounds like a fault with the battery itself but with it being a non removable battery there is no way to check if there is any bulging or warping of the battery itself.

My only suggestion is to maybe take the handset back to where you purchased it from and see if you can get a warranty repair done on it, or if not take it to a repair shop for them to look at it to see if the issue is with the battery or connections in the phone.

sorry i cant be much more help on this.

When a man lies he murders some part of the world 
These are the pale deaths 
Which men miscall their lives 
All this I cannot bear to witness any longer 
Cannot the kingdom of salvation 
Take me home

Disable apps that have push notifications like Skype, (Facebook )messenger, gmail, as those apps are ones that drain the battery the most, even though it says the google play services use more, it only uses google play services when an app requires it, which depending on which apps you have, isn't much at all

but anything that can run in the background is your big battery killer, i personally went from 1 day of battery to 3-5 days worth of battery time by uninstalling apps that run in the background even if a task manager program says they are closed, and id recommend downloading an app like Avast Battery Saver

1 hour ago, theanimun said:

Disable apps that have push notifications like Skype, (Facebook )messenger, gmail, as those apps are ones that drain the battery the most, even though it says the google play services use more, it only uses google play services when an app requires it, which depending on which apps you have, isn't much at all

but anything that can run in the background is your big battery killer, i personally went from 1 day of battery to 3-5 days worth of battery time by uninstalling apps that run in the background even if a task manager program says they are closed, and id recommend downloading an app like Avast Battery Saver

I have disabled Gmail, but need Facebook and Skype. I have just installed Avast, did not think I would have too as I have read that Task Killers and Battery Savers do not work, or make the battery worse.

May just have to wait and see if Android 6 will help

2 hours ago, aviationjames said:

I have disabled Gmail, but need Facebook and Skype. I have just installed Avast, did not think I would have too as I have read that Task Killers and Battery Savers do not work, or make the battery worse.

May just have to wait and see if Android 6 will help

I should also mention that i have rooted my phone so i was able to remove extra stuff to help get more storage, and it does help reduce battery use as well

The battery drain that you're experiencing is quite normal for android devices. My note5 drains about 10% over an 8 hour sleep, and since the note5 has a bigger battery, the rate you're draining at is normal. You can try upgrading to marshmallow that is rolling out to all s6 devices. Marshmallow is supposed to solve battery drain issues while the screen is off. 

19 hours ago, kurahk7 said:

The battery drain that you're experiencing is quite normal for android devices. My note5 drains about 10% over an 8 hour sleep, and since the note5 has a bigger battery, the rate you're draining at is normal. You can try upgrading to marshmallow that is rolling out to all s6 devices. Marshmallow is supposed to solve battery drain issues while the screen is off. 

Really? So when Marshmallow hits my device, I should expect it to stay on 100% for a longer time? Do you know how long extra it would last?

Its a shame it only works when the device is not touched and left on the table, how long does it have to be idle to enter Doze mode?