Should i sell my kraken x61 and go for a hyper 212 evo?

Should i sell my kraken x61 and go for a hyper 212 evo?  I dont overclock. And all i want is a quiet system and i find the x61 is giving me horrible temps. WIll the 212 be a good choice?

| CPU: Core i7-4790K  |  Motherboard:  MSI Gaming Z97 GAMING 5 LGA 1150  |  CPU Cooler:  NZXT Kraken X61 |
| GPU: Single 8GB EVGA GTX 1070 FTW |  RAMCorsair Vengeance 16GB (2 x 8 GB) DDR3 1600 MHz |  CaseCorsair 330R Titanium Edition

What temperatures are you achieving?

"It pays to keep an open mind, but not so open your brain falls out." - Carl Sagan.

"I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you" - Edward I. Koch

1 minute ago, Godlygamer23 said:

70 with aida. i just reapplied like 4 times, no better.

| CPU: Core i7-4790K  |  Motherboard:  MSI Gaming Z97 GAMING 5 LGA 1150  |  CPU Cooler:  NZXT Kraken X61 |
| GPU: Single 8GB EVGA GTX 1070 FTW |  RAMCorsair Vengeance 16GB (2 x 8 GB) DDR3 1600 MHz |  CaseCorsair 330R Titanium Edition

Just now, Vengeance_K1ng said:

70 with aida. i just reapplied like 4 times, no better.

Try Intel Extreme Tuning Utility and tell me the temperatures after that. Are you controlling the fans manually or are they connected to the cooler?

"It pays to keep an open mind, but not so open your brain falls out." - Carl Sagan.

Just now, Godlygamer23 said:

Try Intel Extreme Tuning Utility and tell me the temperatures after that. Are you controlling the fans manually or are they connected to the cooler?

They are all running full speed and connected to the pump, do you have skype? or something? because i need help asap.

They are all running full speed and connected to the pump, do you have skype? or something? because i need help asap.

I have Steam and a Slack account.

I have Steam and a Slack account.

Whats your steam? Could we use voise chat on there?

Whats your steam? Could we use voise chat on there?

I'm not going to use voice chat as of this time. My username is the same as my username on here.

I'm not going to use voice chat as of this time. My username is the same as my username on here.

Please? Because typing on forums is not the most efficiant way.

12 minutes ago, Godlygamer23 said:

Can you reply on steam, Sorry if your busy.

Can you reply on steam, Sorry if your busy.

I did. I swear.

pppp.JPG.023791b276352042562e2b83d4f060c

I did. I swear.

pppp.JPG.023791b276352042562e2b83d4f060c

What the hell? I did not receive the messages? Lol. can you accept my Friend request? maybe that will fix?

What the hell? I did not receive the messages? Lol. can you accept my Friend request? maybe that will fix?

Did that already.

Did that already.

What the f***? my steam is messed hold on please.

1. A 212 will be hotter consistently.

2. A 212 will be noisier consistently.

(assuming both were installed correctly)

Thats that. If you need to get in touch chances are you can find someone that knows me that can get in touch.

Either you don't have enough pressure on the CPU when the cooler was mounted, or the chip itself just has a terrible interface with the IHS. What were your temps before the X61?

Build Log - Liquid Black Fury