Looking for Wireless mouse

Ambicky Burger
Go to solution Solved by derrickd241,
On 2/28/2016 at 6:13 AM, Ambicky Burger said:

I prefer wireless for ease of use and aesthetics. 10 years ago laser mice were definitely better than optical mice. If this isn't the case anymore, I don't care what sensor type it is. The cradle isn't a definite requirement, but would be a nice to have. 

Looks like a serious contender for the MX Master. You don't notice any delay when using the mouse wirelessly?

Thanks for the information. Performance MX looks interesting as well!

Thank you everyone for the reactions!

even on the eco mode there's no delay whatsoever for the G602

Hi,

I currently own a Logitech M705 Marathon Laser mouse.The problem I have with this mouse is the input delay after not moving the mouse for a couple of seconds. It feels like it takes 1 full second before the mouse responds again because it is in some kind of power saving mode. So basically super annoying when gaming.

I'm looking for a new wireless mouse which doesn't have this problem. It doesn't have to be a gaming-purpose only mouse.

The Logitech MX Master looks promising (and beautiful), but I'm not convinced it's a good choice since I'm not an editor, I don't know what I'd use the side scroll wheel for.

The perfect mouse to me would be:

• Wireless
  • Laser
  • Good looking
  • Cradle for charging
  • Supports a wired mode with better performance when gaming
  • Has two side buttons on the left

Does a mouse like this even exist? Please let me know!

8 minutes ago, Ambicky Burger said:

I use the G602 by Logitech, it's been amazing.

The Mx Master just looks like an upgraded version of the G602.

Although, it doesn't have a charging cradle. It just uses AA batteries. - It can even be used with one battery out of the two.

|CPU: Intel 5960X|MOBO:Rampage V Extreme|GPU:EVGA 980Ti SC 2 - Way SLI|RAM:G-Skill 32GB|CASE:900D|PSU:CorsairAX1200i|DISPLAY :Dell U2412M X3|SSD Intel 750 400GB, 2X Samsung 850 Pro|

Peripherals : | MOUSE : Logitech G602 | KEYBOARD: K70 RGB (Cherry MX Brown) | NAS: Synology DS1515+  - WD RED 3TB X 5|ROUTER: AC68U

Sound : | HEADPHONES: Sennheiser HD800 SPEAKERS: B&W CM9 (Front floorstanding) ,  B&W CM Center 2 (Centre) | AV RECEIVER : Denon 3806 | MY X99 BUILD LOG!

Razer Mamba? (or the better mamba,mamba chrome i think)

PC SPECS :

cpu: intel i3-6100 @ 3.70 Ghz (stock) gpu: Sapphire Nitro OC R9 380 4GB motherboard: Gigabyte H110M-DS2-CF

Case: NZXT S340 (glossy black) Memory: G.Skill Ripjaws DDR4 @ 2133 Mhz Storage: WD 1TB hard drive PSU: Seasonic S12II 520W

° ͜ʖ ͡°)  o baby yis....

The MX master has a better tracking sensor over any gaming mice. Like the Performance MX and Anwhere MX, it has DarkField Laser Tracking.

Might want to check out the older Performance MX has a higher DPI range than MX Master and longer warranty.

Up to 1,500DPI and 3 year warranty on Performance MX. Up to 1,000 DPI and 1 year warranty on MX Master.

The other would be the G700s, but this one does not have DarkField tracking.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16826104321&ignorebbr=1&cm_re=performance_mx-_-26-104-321-_-Product

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16826104839&ignorebbr=1&cm_re=G700s-_-26-104-839-_-Product

Intel Xeon E5 1650 v3 @ 3.5GHz 6C:12T / CM212 Evo / Asus X99 Deluxe / 16GB (4x4GB) DDR4 3000 Trident-Z / Samsung 850 Pro 256GB / Intel 335 240GB / WD Red 2 & 3TB / Antec 850w / RTX 2070 / Win10 Pro x64

HP Envy X360 15: Intel Core i5 8250U @ 1.6GHz 4C:8T / 8GB DDR4 / Intel UHD620 + Nvidia GeForce MX150 4GB / Intel 120GB SSD / Win10 Pro x64

HP Envy x360 BP series Intel 8th gen

AMD ThreadRipper 2!

5820K & 6800K 3-way SLI mobo support list

19 hours ago, Ambicky Burger said:

The perfect mouse to me would be:

• Wireless
  • Laser
  • Good looking
  • Cradle for charging
  • Supports a wired mode with better performance when gaming
  • Has two side buttons on the left

Why laser? Why wireless? Unless you're traveling, a wireless mouse doesn't make sense and is going to cause more issues than it's worth. There's also no advantage whatsoever in choosing a laser mouse.

If the cable bothers you, you can always bundle it with a piece of tape or something so that there's no slack. That's what I do and it's working wonderfully.

But yeah, if you want a cradle for a wireless gaming mouse, your options are pretty much limited to two mice: Razer Mamba and SteelSeries Sensei Wireless. Both of them fulfill all of your conditions, so if that's what you want, go for it.

I own and use, sorted from newest to oldest: SteelSeries 6Gv2. Microsoft SideWinder X4. Mionix Naos 7000. Zowie EC1 Evo. Microsoft SideWinder X8. Microsoft IntelliMouse Explorer 3.0. Dell U2414H. Samsung P2270H. AKG K273 Pro. Sennheiser HD555. Razer Goliathus Speed Medium. Func 1030 L. Qpad CT Medium.

I used to own: Razer DeathAdder 3G. Razer Krait. IntelliMouse Optical 1.1. SteelSeries QcK.

Logitech G602 feels amazing works great never had a problem and the battery lasts like 500+ hrs or something ridiculous like that

• 2 weeks later...
On 2/15/2016 at 6:30 AM, olbaze said:

Why laser? Why wireless? Unless you're traveling, a wireless mouse doesn't make sense and is going to cause more issues than it's worth. There's also no advantage whatsoever in choosing a laser mouse.

If the cable bothers you, you can always bundle it with a piece of tape or something so that there's no slack. That's what I do and it's working wonderfully.

But yeah, if you want a cradle for a wireless gaming mouse, your options are pretty much limited to two mice: Razer Mamba and SteelSeries Sensei Wireless. Both of them fulfill all of your conditions, so if that's what you want, go for it.

I prefer wireless for ease of use and aesthetics. 10 years ago laser mice were definitely better than optical mice. If this isn't the case anymore, I don't care what sensor type it is. The cradle isn't a definite requirement, but would be a nice to have. 

On 2/15/2016 at 11:13 PM, derrickd241 said:

Logitech G602 feels amazing works great never had a problem and the battery lasts like 500+ hrs or something ridiculous like that

Looks like a serious contender for the MX Master. You don't notice any delay when using the mouse wirelessly?

On 2/15/2016 at 4:08 AM, NumLock21 said:

The MX master has a better tracking sensor over any gaming mice. Like the Performance MX and Anwhere MX, it has DarkField Laser Tracking.

Might want to check out the older Performance MX has a higher DPI range than MX Master and longer warranty.

Up to 1,500DPI and 3 year warranty on Performance MX. Up to 1,000 DPI and 1 year warranty on MX Master.

The other would be the G700s, but this one does not have DarkField tracking.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16826104321&ignorebbr=1&cm_re=performance_mx-_-26-104-321-_-Product

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16826104839&ignorebbr=1&cm_re=G700s-_-26-104-839-_-Product

On 2/28/2016 at 6:13 AM, Ambicky Burger said:

even on the eco mode there's no delay whatsoever for the G602