Building a New PC for the first time Looking for input

Hey guys I'm not new to computers I have upgraded previous systems in the past. its finally time to build a new system and I'm looking for advice on what would work well. 

what I use the computer for.I use Photoshop to do character concept art  and texturing 3d models and I use Maya for Building 3d modelling & animations and gaming. here is what I'm looking at.

Case
COOLER MASTER STORM STRYKER W/SIDE WINDOW Full Tower

CPU

Intel Skylake Core i7 6700 3.4Ghz

Motherboard

Gigabyte Z170X-Gaming 7 ATX Intel Z170 Chipset

Memory

G.SKILL Ripjaws 4 Series 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR4 3000Mhz

Power Supply

COOLER MASTER V-series 750S GOLD 750W

Video card

Gigabyte GV-N970WF3OC-4GD GTX970 4G OC

have not decided what to do about storage yet so please recommend.

all comments welcome.

Edited by rusty_frag
not sure what to do for storage

Just now, rusty_frag said:

Hey guys I'm not new to computers I have upgraded previous systems in the past. its finally time to build a new system and I'm looking for advice on what would work well. 

what I use the computer for.I use Photoshop to do character concept art  and texturing 3d models and I use Maya for Building 3d modelling & animations and gaming. here is what I'm looking at.

Case

CPU

Motherboard

Memory

Power Supply

Video card

all comments welcome.

Replace 970 with 390.

2 minutes ago, rusty_frag said:

Case

CPU

Motherboard

Memory

Power Supply

Video card

all comments welcome.

like the previous poster said, replace 970 with 390 for more compute performace, especially in Maya, and I would go 16 GB of RAM minimum so your not always maxxing the ram in photoshop and maya which love their ram when you get more than a few layers. even chrome loves to have a ton of ram, I would also go for a 2x8 GB kit of ram so you have the option to upgrade in the future to 32 GB. especially because its DDR4 which is becoming the new standard, so you could reuse it in a system upgrade in the future.

7 minutes ago, N_Bot said:

Replace 970 with 390.

Yeah the R9 390 would be better. Get an unlocked CPU or just get a h170 board to save money. I would also get 16gb of ram and make sure you have an SSD.

15 minutes ago, N_Bot said:

Replace 970 with 390.

I'm trying to find a 390 threw a local supplier in New Zealand but cant find anything any suggestions? 

11 minutes ago, rusty_frag said:

I'm trying to find a 390 threw a local supplier in New Zealand but cant find anything any suggestions? 

I always suggest looking on PCpartpicker, which does have a New Zealand subpage, here is a list of all the 390s available, I suggest a Sapphire R9 390 http://nz.pcpartpicker.com/parts/video-card/#xcx=0&c=311

I would get this one http://nz.pcpartpicker.com/part/sapphire-video-card-100382ntoc2l