750TI to 280X

Bananasplit_00

Ok so i just found a deal on a used 280X that i thoght i would pick up for my brother, he has a FX-6300 and a 750TI right now so how much better would a 280X be and would it be bottlenecked by the fx6300?

thanks for any replies and any help :D

I spent $2500 on building my PC and all i do with it is play no games atm & watch anime at 1080p(finally) watch YT and write essays...  nothing, it just sits there collecting dust...

Builds:

The Toaster Project! Northern Bee!

The original LAN PC build log! (Old, dead and replaced by The Toaster Project & 5.0)

Spoiler

"Here is some advice that might have gotten lost somewhere along the way in your life. 

#1. Treat others as you would like to be treated.

#2. It's best to keep your mouth shut; and appear to be stupid, rather than open it and remove all doubt.

#3. There is nothing "wrong" with being wrong. Learning from a mistake can be more valuable than not making one in the first place.

Follow these simple rules in life, and I promise you, things magically get easier. " - MageTank 31-10-2016

1 minute ago, Bananasplit_00 said:

Ok so i just found a deal on a used 280X that i thoght i would pick up for my brother, he has a FX-6300 and a 750TI right now so how much better would a 280X be and would it be bottlenecked by the fx6300?

thanks for any replie

Wouldn't really be bottlenecked (apart from the obvious since core heavy games). It would also be a good upgrade (like from a 750ti to a 770 / highly OCd 960).

Spoiler

Samung Tab S 8.4

280X would be a great performance upgrade from 750Ti.

Novus Anima

CPU - 4670K @ 4.2 GHz | Motherboard - ASUS Z97-PRO | CPU Cooler - Corsair H105 

RAM - Corsair Vengeance (4x4GB) | GPU - EVGA GTX 1060 SSC  

Storage - Samsung M.2 64GB SSD, PNY 240GB SSD , WD 1TB Caviar Blue, WD 500GB HDD

PSU - EVGA 650W G2 | Peripherals - Logitech G710, Logitech G602 

Laptops

MacBook Pro Mid-2011 

Surface Pro 3

1 minute ago, H4X3R said:

Wouldn't really be bottlenecked (apart from the obvious since core heavy games). It would also be a good upgrade (like from a 750ti to a 770 / highly OCd 960).

thanks for the information :D he only playes at medium anyway so this might bump that up to high

Just now, Vercii said:

280X would be a great performance upgrade from 750Ti.

good to know thanks :D

I spent $2500 on building my PC and all i do with it is play no games atm & watch anime at 1080p(finally) watch YT and write essays...  nothing, it just sits there collecting dust...

Builds:

The Toaster Project! Northern Bee!

The original LAN PC build log! (Old, dead and replaced by The Toaster Project & 5.0)

Spoiler

"Here is some advice that might have gotten lost somewhere along the way in your life. 

#1. Treat others as you would like to be treated.

#2. It's best to keep your mouth shut; and appear to be stupid, rather than open it and remove all doubt.

#3. There is nothing "wrong" with being wrong. Learning from a mistake can be more valuable than not making one in the first place.

Follow these simple rules in life, and I promise you, things magically get easier. " - MageTank 31-10-2016

It's going to be slightly bottlenecked, but it can take it, no doubt.

My ~$200 USD build:

AMD A8-7600    G. Skill Ripjaws Z @1800 CAS 8     EVGA 500w 80+ PSU    Gigabyte GAF2A68HM-DS2H Motherboard

280X is the same as a 380X.

I have a 380 and I used to have a GTX 760. It is about the same without CUDA support.

Go for the 280X ;)

Ryzen 5 3600 stock | 2x16GB C13 3200MHz (AFR) | GTX 760 (Sold the VII)| ASUS Prime X570-P | 6TB WD Gold (128MB Cache, 2017)

Samsung 850 EVO 240 GB 

138 is a good number.