GAMING

15 minutes ago, Brodcast said:

ASUS Z170-DELUXE

VS

ASUS ROG MAXIMUS VIII EXTREM

FOR

GAMING

3 minutes ago, DragonSlayer 159 said:

Asus's ROG Bios also has a really nice red UI, which I like better than the one on the deluxe board!xD

Deluxe board's got awesome Wi-Fi, if that helps...

Nothing to see here ;)

you can always just get a wifi dongle, or PCI card though. Even though it will take up a slot, it might be faster, depending on which one you get.

For your information, in most cases, motherboards do not really affect performance. A "Gaming" motherboard (Z170 and the such) would perform just about the same as a B150 board. The only reason why you should get one motherboard over another is either in terms of features (Wifi, USB ports, etc), Color scheme (Red, Blue, White) or overclocking features, BIOS layouts. You would be paying a premium to have these extra features though.

Quote me if you want me to see your message. Like my post if it helped. Click "Show More" to see things that I use.

Desktop (2014): CPU: Intel Core i5 4690k @ 3.50GHz | GPU: MSi GTX 970 Gaming 4G | Motherboard: MSi Z97 Gaming 5 | RAM: 2x4GB G.Skill RipJaws X 1600MHz + 2x4GB HyperX Black 1600MHz | SSD: Samsung 750 Evo 120GB | HDD: WD Black 1TB | Cooler: Cooler Master Hyper 212x | PSU: Corsair VS650 | Case: Cooler Master Elite 431 Plus | OS: Windows 10 Home

Laptop (2017): Model: Asus UX310U

Peripherals: Monitor: Samsung S24D300 OC@75Hz + Viewsonic XG2401 (144Hz) | Mouse: Logitech G305 | Keyboard: Razer Blackwidow Chroma V2 | Headset: HyperX Cloud Core | Speakers: Logitech Z333 | Additional: Logitech G29

Mobiles: Samsung Pixon (2010-2012) | Samsung Galaxy Ace (2012-2013) | Samsung Galaxy S3 (2013-2016) | Samsung Note 4 (2015)(Lost) | Samsung Galaxy S7 (2016-2019) | Samsung Galaxy S10 (2019 - Current) | Additional: ASUS Zenwatch 2 (2016)

For actual gaming, most of the time, motherboards are about equal to each other when it comes to actual performance unless one board has superior technical specifications over another one and it is required to fulfill your requirements.

"It pays to keep an open mind, but not so open your brain falls out." - Carl Sagan.

"I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you" - Edward I. Koch

Goldy gamer 23 is right: with extra money you will get extra fancy features.More you pay money more fancy stuff you will get. If you have lot of money and want to spent in grate if you want to save money than don't buy this fancy series. For gaming , spending more money on cpu, and gpu will be worth spending. Al tough chipset matters, it determines some of the main features ( basic features ) of a mother board.