Mobile Application

MrOptimistic

Hey guys i am planning to learn on how to develop apps on iOS or Android how will i start? I am right now working as front end developer and sometimes do some back end development (php) What programming language is in demand right now for mobile apps?

For 3D applications or games, I would go with the Unity Game Engine using C#. This is what I use professionally to develop both games and 3D medical applications and there is no lack of people using Unity right now. 

For 2D applications you could use Unity still, but to benefit from the speed and core libraries that both JAVA and Objective-C offer I would consider something like Xamarin Studio. It is a cross platform IDE that allows you to develop one app in C# that can be deployed to both iOS and Android, similar to Unity. But unlike Unity you still get direct access to all the native libraries that each platform provides. 

Like andrew_on_tech said Java for Android and Objective-C/Swift for IOS. You can use some program to create application for both platform like Unity.

If you're looking for some tutorial: http://www.raywenderlich.com/ is a great website. I only used the IOS tutorials but the Android should be as good as the IOS.

Basically what they said. Java is the "default" language for Android and Objective-C/Swift for iOS. You could also try a framework, that Xamarin one is an example. There might be webapp ones too, there is Electron but that's just for desktop. You've got Meteor which is for mobile apps, but I've heard a lot bad about it. There is also this, but it looks like it's just for front end: http://ionicframework.com/

Edit: It looks like with Ionic, you still need a Mac to develop for iOS.