Give me some ideas!

Hey there!

I am currently in the learning process for C# (8 years of prior programming experience in other languages, about a month in C# [see my GitHub: @SysVoid]).

I am out of ideas. What could I make?

If any of you lot have ideas, fun, tedious, challenging (fun!), let me know!

I want to do some more algorithm work too, if you have anything for that.

It's also a bonus if you're currently in university and could send me one of your project specs so that I can attempt it myself and compare it to what you have later. I've never been to university, so that'd be fun. :)

Thanks! :D

For algorithms, there are so many websites that will provide you with more than enough practice. Here's a list of them. There are of course more sites out there that aren't mentioned on the list (like CodeAbbey, Advent Of Code, etc) so feel free to look around for more (not that you'll need more).

As for projects, there was a list of ideas done up on the forum here. Here is another big list of ideas.

Since you're working with C#, and given your experience, you can probably learn the language, the .NET framework, and a UI framework at the same time.

Or you can stick to the console app if you'd rather just focus on the language and .NET framework alone first.

5 minutes ago, madknight3 said:

For algorithms, there are so many websites that will provide you with more than enough practice. Here's a list of them. There are of course more sites out there that aren't mentioned on the list (like CodeAbbey, Advent Of Code, etc) so feel free to look around for more (not that you'll need more).

As for projects, there was a list of ideas done up on the forum here. Here is another big list of ideas.

Since you're working with C#, and given your experience, you can probably learn the language, the .NET framework, and a UI framework at the same time.

Or you can stick to the console app if you'd rather just focus on the language and .NET framework alone first.

Sweet, thanks.

Going to work on this:

Site Checker with Time Scheduling - An application that attempts to connect to a website or server every so many minutes or a given time and check if it is up. If it is down, it will notify you by email or by posting a notice on screen.

Using WFA.

1 hour ago, SysVoid said:

Using WFA.

It doesn't hurt to know a bit of WinForms in case you're ever forced to use it, but I would recommend moving on to WPF eventually as it's a much better destop UI framework.

On 12 February 2016 at 7:50 PM, madknight3 said:

It doesn't hurt to know a bit of WinForms in case you're ever forced to use it, but I would recommend moving on to WPF eventually as it's a much better destop UI framework.

Sure, I'll look into that too! :D

On 2/11/2016 at 3:47 AM, SysVoid said:

Hey there!

I am currently in the learning process for C# (8 years of prior programming experience in other languages, about a month in C# [see my GitHub: @SysVoid]).

I am out of ideas. What could I make?

If any of you lot have ideas, fun, tedious, challenging (fun!), let me know!

I want to do some more algorithm work too, if you have anything for that.

It's also a bonus if you're currently in university and could send me one of your project specs so that I can attempt it myself and compare it to what you have later. I've never been to university, so that'd be fun. :)

Thanks! :D

Here's what I've done (albeit using Windows Forms):

• Calculator
  • Text Editor
  • Web Browser
  • Prank Troll application
  • Magic 8 Ball (Console application)
  • Media Player
  • Business Accounting Utility
  • Resource Monitor
  • Random password Generator

What i want to do but haven't done:

• Torrenting client
  • Tax calculator ( I know how to do this, i just haven't gotten around to doing this)
  • POS kind of Application

C# Universal Windows app versions of the above.

And C# WPF versions of the above.

Judge a product on its own merits AND the company that made it.

How to setup MSI Afterburner OSD | How to make your AMD Radeon GPU more efficient with Radeon Chill | (Probably) Why LMG Merch shipping to the EU is expensive

Oneplus 6 (Early 2023 to present) | HP Envy 15" x360 R7 5700U (Mid 2021 to present) | Steam Deck (Late 2022 to present)

Mid 2023 AlTech Desktop Refresh - AMD R7 5800X (Mid 2023), XFX Radeon RX 6700XT MBA (Mid 2021), MSI X370 Gaming Pro Carbon (Early 2018), 32GB DDR4-3200 (16GB x2) (Mid 2022

Noctua NH-D15 (Early 2021), Corsair MP510 1.92TB NVMe SSD (Mid 2020), beQuiet Pure Wings 2 140mm x2 & 120mm x1 (Mid 2023),

If you want to expand on some more creative stuff, you can code C# with XNA and make some lightweight games