Is my pc compatible

2 minutes ago, Nathanpater said:

Why do you recommend the I3 instead of the fd6300?

because of socket lga 1151

3 minutes ago, Nathanpater said:

Why do you recommend the I3 instead of the fd6300?

Because the per-core performance of the i3 and its superior multi-threaded scaling means that in all but the most heavily-threaded applications that use an AMD compiler, the i3 will utterly destroy the 6300. Gaming will see a large improvement when using the i3 in up to 4 threads. The old AMD architectures are dead. If you go with an i3, at least you have a chance of upgrading down the line. Not to mention you get PCIe 3.0, DMI 3.0, M.2 support and other wonderful benefits.

Just now, MarkoCroatiaMC said:

bcoz it's better and outputs much less heat than the fx 6300 (not fd, don't read the packages)

but it is much more expensive, is it actually necessary for gaming?

1 minute ago, Nathanpater said:

But is everything compatible with the motherboard?

2 things: 1) cpu 2) check if the psu has the right cables

1 minute ago, KemoKa said:

Because the per-core performance of the i3 and its superior multi-threaded scaling means that in all but the most heavily-threaded applications that use an AMD compiler, the i3 will utterly destroy the 6300. Gaming will see a large improvement when using the i3 in up to 4 threads. The old AMD architectures are dead. If you go with an i3, at least you have a chance of upgrading down the line. Not to mention you get PCIe 3.0, DMI 3.0, M.2 support and other wonderful benefits.

Is the video card compatible with the new cpu and motherboard you recommended?

Just now, Nathanpater said:

but it is much more expensive, is it actually necessary for gaming?

How much more expensive is it...? If it's a matter of twice as expensive, then by all means go with the 6300. But the i3 has a far more efficient architecture. Single threads will see the largest improvement.

ffs. if it has a PCIe 16x 3.0 then yeah

Rule of thumb - if a motherboard has a PCI Express slot (yours does - all modern motherboards do) then it will support and drive any normal graphics card.

wait, that one is only dual core...

+ multi threading = 4 cores that r stll better than those 6 in the fx 6300

5 minutes ago, MarkoCroatiaMC said:

bcoz it's better and outputs much less heat than the fx 6300 (not fd, don't read the packages)

5 minutes ago, Josephdalepi said:

because of socket lga 1151

ffs, why does everyone spam that the i3 is better without explaining why? Come out with concrete reasons. It's not like there aren't any, there are a lot, but don't just hop on the Intel hype train and run with it. You've got to explain your bloody positions.

Just now, MarkoCroatiaMC said:

+ multi threading = 4 cores that r stll better than those 6 in the fx 6300

So it uses all 4 cores in a game?

Just now, KemoKa said:

ffs, why does everyone spam that the i3 is better without explaining why? Come out with concrete reasons. It's not like there aren't any, there are a lot, but don't just hop on the Intel hype train and run with it. You've got to explain your bloody positions.

y explain if you already did it? http://cpuboss.com/cpus/Intel-Core-i3-4150-vs-AMD-FX-6300

Just now, KemoKa said:

socket lga 1151 still has full support and much better processors can be used on it

the i3 is not great, but the i5 and i7 are, and with that socket and motherboard, you can upgrade to them with no sweat

3 minutes ago, Nathanpater said:

You got to remember, Games prefer less cores with more power. Also, hyperthreading/virtual cores make them better at processing shit. There are a few games to this exception, but those games are rare.

Brah, do you even Java?

So it uses all 4 cores in a game?

depends. if the game demands it (cpu intensive games like planetside 2, a bit of gta v etc.) then yeah

8 minutes ago, Nathanpater said:

It's a hyperthreaded dual-core, which gives it about a 30-50% bump in multithreaded applications. 

AMD markets their 6300s as six-core processors, but because of their shared FPUs, they are effectively triple-core processors.

Core count and clockspeed matter far less nowadays than they used to, you can't just compare clockspeed, cache, etc between two different processors and say "this one is better", you have to actually look at benchmarks and performance scores between different processors. In most consumer applications, the i3-6100 has pulled ahead of the FX-9590, a 5GHz, 8-core, 220W elephant of a processor. The spec sheets of the processors just do not matter anymore.

4 minutes ago, MarkoCroatiaMC said:

You posted your response before I did. You're supposed to be one of the evangelists. So evangelize.

And never link CPUboss. They said the 8350 could clock to 8.79GHz on a water cooler, which is bullshit and they know it. Even though they favour the i3 in that test, they're not known for being a reliable source of information about processor performance. They just give random numbers that they pull out of thin air and say "hurrrr iz bettr"

How much wattage do I need to power this fella?

What you have should be fine, the machine will sip power through a straw. although I would invest in a PSU with a good 80+ rating down the road. That should be your next upgrade. You don't have to do it now, of course.

Just now, KemoKa said:

What you have should be fine, the machine will sip power through a straw. although I would invest in a PSU with a good 80+ rating down the road. That should be your next upgrade. You don't have to do it now, of course.

So 500W should be fine?

2 minutes ago, KemoKa said:

by the way... you do have a hard drive, right?

Yes, I have a 500 GB ssd in my 8 year old laptop. My old Hard drive crashed. I don't need more then 500GB right?