Best drone?

Cvdasfg

I'd like to get started in the Drone fun :P

I went to my local target just to pickup one of the toy drones they had (parrot spider I believe it was called)

Anyway Any suggestions for a newcomer? I'd love to get a decent drone soon (money permitting) any suggestions? I was looking at the phantom 3 which looked pretty decent. 

TX10 Build Log: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/456229-tx10-build-log/

Case: TX10-D   Proccessor: i7-5820k   MotherBoard: Asrockx99 Extreme4   Ram: Crucial Ballistix Sport 16GB (DDR4-2400)   GPU: Asus Strix OC 980ti   Storage: 850pro 500gb, 850pro 500gb, 850pro 256gb, WD black 16tb total, Silicon Power S60 120GB   PSU: Seasonic snow silent 1050   Monitors: Three of Asus VG248QE 144Hz 24.0"

if you are new to flying drones start with the smaller cheaper ones and learn the ropes that way when you crash and break it you are not out several hundred dollars. Then when you get the hang of it start moving up to the more expensive ones.

OAS || AAS || LLS

The DJI is about the best there is and it should be easer to fly then the little toy one.

CPUFX 8320, Motherboard ASUS M5A78L-M/USB3 Socket AM3+ AMD, RAM g.skill ripjaws x series (2x8gb), GPUstrix gtx 970, Storage 500gb + 500gb + 250 ssd, PSU EVGA 600w B 80 PLUS BRONZE, Display(s) ASUS VG248QE 24"+ Hisense 24" + Vizio 24", Cooling Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO, PC Part Picker  http://pcpartpicker.com/p/LFxQ23

9 minutes ago, Pcinacan said:

The DJI is about the best there is and it should be easer to fly then the little toy one.

It is probably easier because it has all the built in assists, but that isn't something good to learn on. When learning to fly drones, would you rather crash a 40-60$ one or a 500$ one?

OAS || AAS || LLS

Just now, Superspeed07 said:

It is probably easier because it has all the built in assists, but that isn't something good to learn on. When learning to fly drones, would you rather crash a 40-60$ one or a 500$ one?

he has practice on the cheep one ,and if he can fly the cheep one the 500$ one should be no problem.

CPUFX 8320, Motherboard ASUS M5A78L-M/USB3 Socket AM3+ AMD, RAM g.skill ripjaws x series (2x8gb), GPUstrix gtx 970, Storage 500gb + 500gb + 250 ssd, PSU EVGA 600w B 80 PLUS BRONZE, Display(s) ASUS VG248QE 24"+ Hisense 24" + Vizio 24", Cooling Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO, PC Part Picker  http://pcpartpicker.com/p/LFxQ23

25 minutes ago, klh2000 said:

I believe barnacules has a review on it.

Ok thanks ill check it out!

20 minutes ago, Superspeed07 said:

if you are new to flying drones start with the smaller cheaper ones and learn the ropes that way when you crash and break it you are not out several hundred dollars. Then when you get the hang of it start moving up to the more expensive ones.

Any Recommendations? I already have the spider.

2 minutes ago, Superspeed07 said:

I'll definitely learn on a cheaper one before I do anything extreme with a nice drone. Flying around my yard though or in a open field, I dont think it would be to bad with either :)

Case: TX10-D   Proccessor: i7-5820k   MotherBoard: Asrockx99 Extreme4   Ram: Crucial Ballistix Sport 16GB (DDR4-2400)   GPU: Asus Strix OC 980ti   Storage: 850pro 500gb, 850pro 500gb, 850pro 256gb, WD black 16tb total, Silicon Power S60 120GB   PSU: Seasonic snow silent 1050   Monitors: Three of Asus VG248QE 144Hz 24.0"

35 minutes ago, Cvdasfg said:

Any Recommendations? I already have the spider.

I'll definitely learn on a cheaper one before I do anything extreme with a nice drone. Flying around my yard though or in a open field, I dont think it would be to bad with either :)

I learned with the Blade Nano QX, the nice part is it has 2 modes, one that is "easy" to fly - I found it to still be very nimble even in this mode, it is meant for indoors but you can fly outdoors as long as it isn't too windy, the expert mode has no assists and is very difficult to fly, I would stick to the assisted mode with this one.

My first one of these lasted a couple years.

I picked up the 200 qx after, I don't suggest this one as one semi-bad crash and it will break... :/ I had to pick up an after market body that way it would last more than 1 or 2 flights

something like this is what I would suggest, my co-worker got this one link and enjoys it, the nice part is that the body is very durable

OAS || AAS || LLS

15 minutes ago, Superspeed07 said:

I learned with the Blade Nano QX, the nice part is it has 2 modes, one that is "easy" to fly - I found it to still be very nimble even in this mode, it is meant for indoors but you can fly outdoors as long as it isn't too windy, the expert mode has no assists and is very difficult to fly, I would stick to the assisted mode with this one.

My first one of these lasted a couple years.

I picked up the 200 qx after, I don't suggest this one as one semi-bad crash and it will break... :/ I had to pick up an after market body that way it would last more than 1 or 2 flights

something like this is what I would suggest, my co-worker got this one link and enjoys it, the nice part is that the propellers are protected - which are usually the first things to go :D

Ok thank you very much!

I'll look into these for sure :)

"best drone" (like computers) is a subjective term. What do you want out of your drone? If it's aerial photography/videography, then the Phantom 3 is your best bet. If you're like me and you want fast, nimble, and fpv, build one yourself. Check out www.flitetest.com and their videos for all the info you could ever want about multirotors.

ASU