Corsair TX850 V2 fan noise

Hemanse
Go to solution Solved by Morgan MLGman,
2 minutes ago, Hemanse said:

It is the PSU 100%, guess i could write Corsair and ask them, it does have a 5 year warranty.

It's a good unit, seasonic made, so you either get corsair to replace the fan or do it yourself, it's easy. My TX650 V2 has a Fractal Design fan inside (140mm) and you can swich it if you want

Bought a used pc recently as a secondary one, its working just fine. It came with a TX850W V2 PSU from Corsair and i have noticed that when the fan spin up its seems to be extremely noisy, wondering if anyone in here have any experience with that particular model? I know its not a high end PSU by any means, it is still rated pretty okay on the psu tier list tho. Did a few searches and it seems like it might just be a noisy PSU under load. The entire pc was very clean when i got it and the PSU looked like it was pretty much new.

Ryzen 7 3700x, MSI B450 Tomahawk MAX, 16GB Ballistix Elite 3600MHz, MSI RTX 2070 Super Gaming X Trio, Corsair RM750x V2

Just ignore it, that usually fixes problems, like sleep paralysis.

3 minutes ago, Hemanse said:

Bought a used pc recently as a secondary one, its working just fine. It came with a TX850W V2 PSU from Corsair and i have noticed that when the fan spin up its seems to be extremely noisy, wondering if anyone in here have any experience with that particular model? I know its not a high end PSU by any means, it is still rated pretty okay on the psu tier list tho. Did a few searches and it seems like it might just be a noisy PSU under load. The entire pc was very clean when i got it and the PSU looked like it was pretty much new.

verify it

make all the fans run and stick your ears all over it and see if you can hear it from the psu itself

1 minute ago, Josephdalepi said:

verify it

make all the fans run and stick your ears all over it and see if you can hear it from the psu itself

It is the PSU 100%, guess i could write Corsair and ask them, it does have a 5 year warranty.

Ryzen 7 3700x, MSI B450 Tomahawk MAX, 16GB Ballistix Elite 3600MHz, MSI RTX 2070 Super Gaming X Trio, Corsair RM750x V2

It's a good unit, seasonic made, so you either get corsair to replace the fan or do it yourself, it's easy. My TX650 V2 has a Fractal Design fan inside (140mm) and you can swich it if you want

CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 5800X3D GPU: AMD Radeon RX 6900 XT 16GB GDDR6 Motherboard: MSI PRESTIGE X570 CREATION
AIO: Corsair H150i Pro RAM: Corsair Dominator Platinum RGB 32GB 3600MHz DDR4 Case: Lian Li PC-O11 Dynamic PSU: Corsair RM850x White

2 minutes ago, Morgan MLGman said:

Okay, never replaced a fan in a PSU myself before, im guessing it requires some cutting and soldering? :)

Just now, Hemanse said:

Okay, never replaced a fan in a PSU myself before, im guessing it requires some cutting and soldering? :)

No, it's easy as hell, but you will lose warranty if you do that (if you have one) as you have to break the sealing sticker

CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 5800X3D GPU: AMD Radeon RX 6900 XT 16GB GDDR6 Motherboard: MSI PRESTIGE X570 CREATION
AIO: Corsair H150i Pro RAM: Corsair Dominator Platinum RGB 32GB 3600MHz DDR4 Case: Lian Li PC-O11 Dynamic PSU: Corsair RM850x White

No, it's easy as hell, but you will lose warranty if you do that (if you have one) as you have to break the sealing sticker

Oh, gonna ask on the Corsair forum to start with, but if its that easy i might just do it myself. You can just plug a fan in? I remember back in the days when you had to replace a fan in a PSU you had to cut and solder things on.

Oh, gonna ask on the Corsair forum to start with, but if its that easy i might just do it myself. You can just plug a fan in? I remember back in the days when you had to replace a fan in a PSU you had to cut and solder things on.

As far as I recall it's just a regular fan with a regular connector :)

Look: tx650v2_inside1_by_phaedrus2401-d3euwqi.

As far as I recall it's just a regular fan with a regular connector :)

Look: tx650v2_inside1_by_phaedrus2401-d3euwqi.

Hm yeah that does look like its just plugged into a regular connector, thanks

On 2/10/2016 at 10:40 AM, Hemanse said:

Hm yeah that does look like its just plugged into a regular connector, thanks

It's a two pin fan connector so you'll need an adapter like this if you want to change the fan, just note the regular safety stuff where you should unplug the unit and let it sit for at least 30-60 mins before opening and to mind the contacts on the large capacitors and to not touch them. 

rR6a345.jpg