Need USB 3.0 Advice

I'm not entirely sure if this is in the right area or not, I'm sorry if it isn't. I need help with finding a USB 3.0 PCI card but here is my problem. I need one with at least 4 ports an internal header (my mobo doesn't have one) and it cant be PCIe cause that slot is already being used. Oh and if that's not hard enough I can't use the Asmedia controller cause I need the card for my Tobii Eyex and as you know the Asmedia controllers are under powered, so it needs to be a Texas Instruments controller. My mobo only has 2 USB 3.0 ports on the back and they are Asmedia controlled.

So what can you do? Or is your computer just a empty box of problems?

In better words, Get to the point, what question do you need answered?

Edited by TheNuzziNuzz

Computers r fun

So you want me to find you a PCI USB 3.0 card that doesn't use PCI b/c you have filled the PCI slot? And, what's more, It has to be a Ti controller?

Tip to those that are new on LTT forum- quote a post so that the person you are quoting gets a notification, otherwise they'll have no idea that you did. You can also use a tag such as @Ryoutarou97 (replace my username with anyone's. You should get a dropdown after you type the "@")to send a notification, but quoting is preferable.

Feel free to PM me about absolutely anything be it tech, math, literature, etc. I'll try my best to help. I'm currently looking for a cheap used build for around $25 to set up as a home server if anyone is selling.

If you are a native speaker please use proper English if you can. Punctuation, capitalization, and spelling are as important to making your message readable as proper night theme formatting is.

My build is fully operational, but won't be posted until after I get a GPU in it and the case arted up.

Well it can word process like nobody's business! But other than that its mostly the PCIe SSD that's giving me the trouble.

Like what ports do you have open on your board. I think your are asking an impossible question, and the real question you ned to ask is "What motherboard should I buy to replace my old one"

Computers r fun

Well I have a single PCIe x16 open but I'd like to save that for a SLI/Crossfire GPU if possible. I also have 2 SATA ports open.

That's like asking for an Apple device with Android and saying "Oh, and it also needs to use a USB Type C port".

Anyway, can't find one with those specifications. The controller spec just killed everything.

Blue Jay

CPU: Intel Core i7 6700k (OC'd 4.4GHz) Cooler: CM Hyper 212 Evo Mobo: MSI Z170A Gaming Pro Carbon GPU: EVGA GTX 950 SSC RAM: Crucial Ballistix Sport 8GB (1x8GB) SSD: Samsung 850 EVO 250 GB HDD: Seagate Barracuda 1TB Case: NZXT S340 Black/Blue PSU: Corsair CX430M

Other Stuff

Monitor: Acer H236HL BID Mouse: Logitech G502 Proteus Spectrum Keyboard: I don't even know Mouse Pad: SteelSeries QcK Headset: Turtle Beach X12

GitHub

I was afraid you would say that. I guess I'm gonna have to replace my hybrid drive with the controller. I just wish Asmedia didn't under power their ports then I wouldn't be in this predicament.