Anyone here played Unravel?

Nineshadow

maxresdefault.jpg

In its debut at 2015's Electronic Entertainment Expo, Unravel seemed like a real sleeper hit in the making, with an instantly relatable, cute-as-hell mascot in the form of Yarny, a little red guy with big eyes and an adventure ahead of him. In a show full of violence and over-the-top presentation, an indie platformer from a handful of Swedish developers calling themselves Coldwood Interactive was the kind of story I wanted to believe in.

Yarny is adorable in all the ways I'd want — he's vulnerable and resilient and genuine, and Coldwood's ability to capture all of this without a single line of spoken dialogue is impressive. It's that characterization, through mannerism and animation, that does much of Unravel's heavy lifting. Without the occasional reminder of just how likable the little red yarn-man is, it would be difficult to recommend Unravel at all.

Yarny explores a world around him that makes small everyday things look large due to his small size. By using the yarn his body is made of, Yarny creates rope to form bridges, pull things, swing from items. His yarn is the main medium used to solve complex puzzles. As Yarny moves, the twine which he is made of unravels, creating lines that the player must use to solve puzzles to progress through the game. It also serves as an extra challenge, because if he walks too far, he will unravel into a basic frame. This frame can be refilled by interacting with balls of red yarn in the game. On this mechanic, Sahlin has stated, "It's always fun to play with physics. It's not just about solving puzzles. It's also a big part of how you move. Sometimes it's just traversing, navigating. Since you always leave this trail behind you, you can always grab it and climb on it and swing on it. You can do these really cool things when you combine stuff."

. I remember seeing this game some time ago and it seemed like a really nice concept. Even more so since I'm into cinematic platformers and such. I don't know if I'm going to buy it though , and I'm waiting to hear some more thoughts on the game.

i5 4670k @ 4.2GHz (Coolermaster Hyper 212 Evo); ASrock Z87 EXTREME4; 8GB Kingston HyperX Beast DDR3 RAM @ 2133MHz; Asus DirectCU GTX 560; Super Flower Golden King 550 Platinum PSU;1TB Seagate Barracuda;Corsair 200r case. 

I can't believe there is barely anyone streaming the game on Twitch.  It looks flippin' amazing!  This will be a game for the wife and I to sit down and play together.

AMD Radeon R9 290X / AMD FX-8320 / Gigabyte 990FXA-UD3 / Samsung 830 128GB / Seagate 7200RPM 3TB / Corsair HX 850W / BitFenix Shinobi XL / CPU & GPU Watercooled - Thick Triple 360 Rad

it's an amazing game i bought it yesterday and played the first few levels and it's insanely good...very relaxing too i strongly recommend.

The sounds, the graphics, the controls...EVERYTHING in that game is top-notch IMHO. A must buy.

| CPU: Core i7-8700K @ 4.89ghz - 1.21v  Motherboard: Asus ROG STRIX Z370-E GAMING  CPU Cooler: Corsair H100i V2 |
| GPU: MSI RTX 3080Ti Ventus 3X OC  RAM: 32GB T-Force Delta RGB 3066mhz |
| Displays: Acer Predator XB270HU 1440p Gsync 144hz IPS Gaming monitor | Oculus Quest 2 VR

I plan to get this game, it looks very pretty and i love slow moving puzzle/story driven games. 

I did end up buying and played about 5 levels in one sitting.  My wife and I couldn't believe how great the graphics were for a platformer.  I haven't seen a platformer look this good since Trine 1&2.  If you like puzzle platformers, this is a must buy.

AMD Radeon R9 290X / AMD FX-8320 / Gigabyte 990FXA-UD3 / Samsung 830 128GB / Seagate 7200RPM 3TB / Corsair HX 850W / BitFenix Shinobi XL / CPU & GPU Watercooled - Thick Triple 360 Rad