Needs for 7680 gaming

Basvv

Hi guys,

First time on the forum.

Within a few months I want to build a gaming pc. So I have a few questions.

What I plan to do:

gpu??

z170 mobo

16gb ram

3x 2560x1080 lg29um57p (€250 pp)

Main purpose is gaming, and some editing.

budget €1600 for pc

My main question is what gpu do i need to play, for example bf4(ultra >40fps). Ofcourse  I want to play more games than just bf4, suchs as flightsim x and futureproof it in some way. What gpu should I buy, or should I wait for the new nv/amd gpu's?

Is there someone with a simular setup and like to share their experience?

Basvv

Edited by Basvv

980ti

Snorlax: i7 5820k @4.5ghz, Asus X99 Pro, 32gb Corsair Vengeance LPX 2666, Cryorig R1 Ultimate, Samsung 850 evo 500gb, Asus GTX 1080 ROG Strix, Corsair RM850x, NZXT H440, Hue+

Smallsnor: Huawei Matebook X

Canon AE-1 w/ 50mm f/1.8 lens

Pentax KM w/ 55mm f/1.8 SMC lens

Zenit-E w/ 58mm f/2 Helios lens

Panasonic G7 with 14-42mm f/3.5 lens

Polaroid Spectra System

3x Ultrawide monitors for gaming? Why? You'll really have 3840 horizontal pixels of actually non distorted real-estate for gaming and then an additional 3840 horizontal pixels of blurry distorted mess.

EDIT: Not only that but 3 monitors of that size your eyes won't be capable of focusing on the sides.

Sergeant, United States Marine Corps

Network Administrator, Comptia A+, Security+, Cisco Certified Networking Associate

From a G3258 to dual Xeon E5-2670's

I played once on 3x uktrawide monitors and the game experience was sooo good, especially in Flightsimulator x bf4. And form a productivity standpoint, it works just flawlesly. You just have so much space. And it looks cool 

Edited by Basvv

3 minutes ago, Basvv said:

I played once on 3x uktrawide monitors and the game experience was sooo good, especially in bf4. And form a productivity standpoint it works just flawlesly. You just have so much space. And it looks cool 

They cost so much per monitor I'd just go with a single 3840x1440 monitor that has G-Sync and then get a 980ti.

Sergeant, United States Marine Corps

Network Administrator, Comptia A+, Security+, Cisco Certified Networking Associate

From a G3258 to dual Xeon E5-2670's

Ran the same resolution for a few racing games over New Years. Works great with a 980ti.

My Gaming Rig (Build November 2014):

CPU: i7-4790K | CPU Cooler: H110 | Motherboard: MSI Z97s SLI Plus | RAM: Vengeance DDR3 1886 MHz 2 x 4GB |
GPU: GTX 970 G1 Gaming | SSD: 2 x 840 EVO 250GB and 2 x 850 EVO 250GB in RAID0 | PSU: HX750 | Case: Fractal Design XL R2 |