Motorcycle course

Severin
3 minutes ago, Severin said:

Maybe some of you could give me suggestion for my first bike. I know it's pretty early, but I like to take my time and do a lot of research. For the moment I'm looking for a 300cc bike. I really like the Yamahe R3, CBR300 and Ninja 300. 

But based on your experience you might be able to suggest me other model! I don't have a preference for used or new, I know there's advantage for both.

You're looking more for a sport bike I'm assuming? Can't go wrong with a Honda or a Ninja. Honestly, I ride a Harley so I'm not too familiar with those kind of bikes. ^.^ Been thinking about switching though, the Harley is way too heavy. 

CPU: Ryzen R7 1700X Motherboard: ASRock X370 Gaming K4 CPU Cooler: Corsair H60 RAM: Crucial 32GB 12400Mhz GPU: Zotac GTX 1080 AMP! Edition

SSD: PNY 240GB HDD: Toshiba 3TB 7200RPM PSU: EVGA 1000 GQ Case: NZXT S340 Display: Dell P2416D

Camera: Samsung NX1 Audio: Tascam DR-40 Mic: Rode NTG2

Interface: Focusrite 18i20 Monitors: Event 20/20's Mic: Blue Bluebird DAW: Steinberg's Cubase 7.5, Adobe Audition CC

Guitar: MIM Fender Stratocaster Amp: Peavey Classic Chorus 212 Pedals: Dunlop High Gain Volume, Big Muff Germanium Pi, Boss DD-3 Delay, Roland Tuner

1 minute ago, Technic77 said:

You're looking more for a sport bike I'm assuming? Can't go wrong with a Honda or a Ninja. Honestly, I ride a Harley so I'm not too familiar with those kind of bikes. ^.^ Been thinking about switching though, the Harley is way too heavy. 

Yeah I'm looking more for a sport bike. And since kawasaki and honda are very popular there's probably a lot on the used market.

Just now, Severin said:

Yeah I'm looking more for a sport bike. And since kawasaki and honda are very popular there's probably a lot on the used market.

Buying used is always the way to go. I would just make sure you get a 200cc or 300cc for your first bike so you don't overwhelm yourself. Also buying used makes it a little better when you accidentally drop it in the garage... Whoops! 

CPU: Ryzen R7 1700X Motherboard: ASRock X370 Gaming K4 CPU Cooler: Corsair H60 RAM: Crucial 32GB 12400Mhz GPU: Zotac GTX 1080 AMP! Edition

SSD: PNY 240GB HDD: Toshiba 3TB 7200RPM PSU: EVGA 1000 GQ Case: NZXT S340 Display: Dell P2416D

Interface: Focusrite 18i20 Monitors: Event 20/20's Mic: Blue Bluebird DAW: Steinberg's Cubase 7.5, Adobe Audition CC

Guitar: MIM Fender Stratocaster Amp: Peavey Classic Chorus 212 Pedals: Dunlop High Gain Volume, Big Muff Germanium Pi, Boss DD-3 Delay, Roland Tuner

54 minutes ago, Severin said:

The honda one use a DCT transmission. There are probably very similar of the CVT. http://powersports.honda.com/2015/ctx700.aspx

Oh wow eh, dual clutch transmissions are pretty neat, much better than a CVT in my opinion.

34 minutes ago, Severin said:

Maybe some of you could give me suggestion for my first bike. I know it's pretty early, but I like to take my time and do a lot of research. For the moment I'm looking for a 300cc bike. I really like the Yamahe R3, CBR300 and Ninja 300. 

But based on your experience you might be able to suggest me other model! I don't have a preference for used or new, I know there's advantage for both.

Not my area of expertise, but my friend bought a used Ninja and loved it. Also I bought my bike used and I'm pretty glad I did, I didn't feel bad the few times I bailed in the sand and on the trails (hopefully that's not something that'll happen to you on roads) but you save a lot of money and you're less worried about damaging it as you learn to ride. Hopefully other people here can be more helpful for street bikes.

Thanks everyone for the help and tips! I will keep you updated on how my course went as soon as I start.

No problem and good luck!