Tips for Case spray painting?

I am doing an extreme watercooling build for a senior project and I have realized I don't have the money for a new case. I have a Nanoxia Deep Silence 6 White. It's pretty good for water cooling and I plan on doing some mods so I can stuff a few monsta radiators in there. I was planning to do a white and silver build but my motherboard is an MSI X99 Godlike and I have decided to go with the red and black-badass,dragon look. I'm also planning to install a sidepanel. 

Heres what I plan:

1. paint it a charcoal black/grey
  2. paint an MSI dragon on the side.

5 minutes ago, Johnmakuta said:

I am doing an extreme watercooling build for a senior project and I have realized I don't have the money for a new case. I have a Nanoxia Deep Silence 6 White. It's pretty good for water cooling and I plan on doing some mods so I can stuff a few monsta radiators in there. I was planning to do a white and silver build but my motherboard is an MSI X99 Godlike and I have decided to go with the red and black-badass,dragon look. I'm also planning to install a sidepanel. 

Heres what I plan:

1. paint it a charcoal black/grey
  2. paint an MSI dragon on the side.

Don't get me wrong but buying a X99 Godlike and not having enough Money for a case seems odd

CPU: Xeon 1230v3 - GPU: GTX 770  - SSD: 120GB 840 Evo - HDD: WD Blue 1TB - RAM: Ballistix 8GB - Case: CM N400 - PSU: CX 600M - Cooling: Cooler Master 212 Evo

Update Plans: Mini ITX this bitch

Just now, C0LL0SS0S said:

Don't get me wrong but buying a X99 Godlike and not having enough Money for a case seems odd

I needed a motherboard with an easily bought monoblock, the only other x99 motherboard I could find that had it was the Asus R5E and I don't like Asus boards very much and I think it's looks way worse than the godlike. Plus, to get a case of the same size as the one I currently have it would cost over $200 for something that isn't much better. Might as well do it myself.

make sure that your case is clean (chemicaly no oil etc) and that you apply thin coats from a distance so it dose not run

7 minutes ago, mineblaster said:

make sure that your case is clean (chemicaly no oil etc) and that you apply thin coats from a distance so it dose not run

Ok, would you suggest dish soap for a scrub down?

5 minutes ago, Johnmakuta said:

Ok, would you suggest dish soap for a scrub down?

If your case has a lot of dust or dirt it wouldn't hurt to give it a quick wash but before painting be sure to wipe it down with a prep solvent or isopropyl alcohol to remove any finger prints or dust before starting. On a case ideally it would be best to take it apart to get everything nice and even espically if you plan to do the interior.

I have a FAQ guide here under General Painting that goes over all of this:

5 minutes ago, W-L said:

If your case has a lot of dust or dirt it wouldn't hurt to give it a quick wash but before painting be sure to wipe it down with a prep solvent or isopropyl alcohol to remove any finger prints or dust before starting. On a case ideally it would be best to take it apart to get everything nice and even espically if you plan to do the interior.

I have a FAQ guide here under General Painting that goes over all of this:

Thanks, this is really helpful. I was planning on doing internal painting so this is great.