PC Won't Start Up Any More.. Help Please :(

peter3933

So I've recently finished building my computer, and after facing a number of stupid small problems (which made me force the computer on and off to turn the computer on and off as I don't have Windows yet) and.. now the computer doesn't turn on.

I just woke up to see that.. the computer doesn't turn on. I last turned it on about 4 hours ago.

Could this be due to a dead motherboard or power supply?

Specs of my computer are here if you need it:

Intel Core i5-6500

Gigabyte Z170-D3H

Kingston HyperX 2x4GB DDR4-2133

WD Blue 1TB

XFX XTR750

(R9 390 will be added in soon.. if the computer works)

Fractal Design Define R4

* I did force it on and off a number of times.. and by a number of times, I mean a lot. Around 10~20 times.

1 minute ago, doctorraichu said:

Buy any parts used?

Nope. All parts are new.

1 minute ago, peter3933 said:

Nope. All parts are new.

Hm. Strange. Not sure whats going on, but it sounds like a PSU issue or maybe you plugged in some cables incorrectly.

Just now, doctorraichu said:

Hm. Strange. Not sure whats going on, but it sounds like a PSU issue or maybe you plugged in some cables incorrectly.

I mean.. I didn't do anything with the cabling from the last time it booted up so.. I think its a PSU issue if so. Do you think that the PSU could have killed another component in the computer?

maybe try turning it on from the motherboard instead of the computer case button?

1 minute ago, peter3933 said:

I mean.. I didn't do anything with the cabling from the last time it booted up so.. I think its a PSU issue if so. Do you think that the PSU could have killed another component in the computer?

That's a very good PSU, I'm not sure what happened. If its not a psu issue, you may want to take a look at your motherboard.

1 minute ago, trent69 said:

maybe try turning it on from the motherboard instead of the computer case button?

Okay

2 minutes ago, doctorraichu said:

That's a very good PSU, I'm not sure what happened. If its not a psu issue, you may want to take a look at your motherboard.

3 minutes ago, trent69 said:

I tried using scissors to turn on the computer (through the motherboard) and.. it didn't post. Does this mean it is the motherboard that died?

also make sure that the psu is actually turned on from the back... its duh but someone (family member) could've switched it.

2 minutes ago, trent69 said:

also make sure that the psu is actually turned on from the back... its duh but someone (family member) could've switched it.

:D I checked and yeah it is turned on

5 minutes ago, trent69 said:

So.. this means the motherboard is dead, right? :\

can u check that u are getting power from the psu some how, on my computer the led's on my keyboard flash up if i click a key even if its off.

can u check that u are getting power from the psu some how, on my computer the led's on my keyboard flash up if i click a key even if its off.

Um sorry but I don't think so.. I mean if you say that is true and the PSU has died, it could have killed the motherboard with it, which could be why the motherboard doesn't post?

4 minutes ago, peter3933 said:

So.. this means the motherboard is dead, right? :\

I wouldn't give up on it yet try

2 minutes ago, peter3933 said:

Um sorry but I don't think so.. I mean if you say that is true and the PSU has died, it could have killed the motherboard with it, which could be why the motherboard doesn't post?

PSU's dont just die (well they can but...) have u had any storms or and outage with no power surge protector

I wouldn't give up on it yet try

PSU's dont just die (well they can but...) have u had any storms or and outage with no power surge protector

Um nope

you can test your power suply with a paper clip(unplug it than bridge the green wire with any black wire beside it,plug it back and turn the switch on)DONT thouch the paper clip wile theres power on.