Should I upgrade to Windows 10?

Raiden60
Go to solution Solved by kameshss,

Windows 10 got lot better now. Or should I say the driver support is lot better for Windows 10.

Haven't faced any problem since the stable release. Except two times on Nvidia driver crash. But the new drivers fixed it.

You should go for it.

I've really got push and pull factors for getting Windows 10. And by that I mean some things want me to get Windows 10, and some things really repulse me. Like the privacy issues. But I'm gonna be using emulators so DX12 would help massively in that and anything else that supports it. I've heard that it lags a bit too, but on a 4690k with an SSD, that shouldn't really be a massive problem for me. That reminds me, I need to update my parts list.

Windows 10 got lot better now. Or should I say the driver support is lot better for Windows 10.

Haven't faced any problem since the stable release. Except two times on Nvidia driver crash. But the new drivers fixed it.

You should go for it.

Intel Core i3 2100 @ 3.10GHz - Intel Stock Cooler - Zotac Geforce GT 610 2GB Synergy Edition

Intel DH61WW - Corsair® Value Select 4GBx1 DDR3 1600 MHz - Antec BP-300P PSU

WD Green 1TB - Seagate 2.5" HDD 1TB - Seagate Barracuda 500GB - Antec X1 E.

Just now, kameshss said:

You should go for it.

What about the privacy issues, are they really a problem?

Just now, Raiden60 said:

You can turn it off in the settings. Just google it. It's easy peesy.

Intel Core i3 2100 @ 3.10GHz - Intel Stock Cooler - Zotac Geforce GT 610 2GB Synergy Edition

Just now, kameshss said:

You can turn it off in the settings. Just google it. It's easy peesy.

Fair enough. Better get on it then, thanks :)

2 minutes ago, Raiden60 said:

which ones? they were never a problem. it's a problem that m$ told people about it. other companies just don't let you disable anything instead and there is no fuss.

Location: Kaunas, Lithuania, Europe, Earth, Solar System, Local Interstellar Cloud, Local Bubble, Gould Belt, Orion Arm, Milky Way, Milky Way subgroup, Local Group, Virgo Supercluster, Laniakea, Pisces–Cetus Supercluster Complex, Observable universe, Universe.

Spoiler

12700, B660M Mortar DDR4, 32GB 3200C16 Viper Steel, 2TB SN570, EVGA Supernova G6 850W, be quiet! 500FX, EVGA 3070Ti FTW3 Ultra.

1 minute ago, ZetZet said:

which ones? they were never a problem. it's a problem that m$ told people about it. other companies just don't let you disable anything instead and there is no fuss.

Just heard that it was a problem. I guess not, though.

1 minute ago, Raiden60 said:

yeah, it was a problem as much as google bots reading your emails is a problem. to 99.8% of the population it's not.

Location: Kaunas, Lithuania, Europe, Earth, Solar System, Local Interstellar Cloud, Local Bubble, Gould Belt, Orion Arm, Milky Way, Milky Way subgroup, Local Group, Virgo Supercluster, Laniakea, Pisces–Cetus Supercluster Complex, Observable universe, Universe.

Spoiler

12700, B660M Mortar DDR4, 32GB 3200C16 Viper Steel, 2TB SN570, EVGA Supernova G6 850W, be quiet! 500FX, EVGA 3070Ti FTW3 Ultra.

Just now, Raiden60 said:

That's not really big of a deal (for me). I didn't even turn it off.

1 minute ago, Raiden60 said:

So how did the rest of the PC build go?  Is the i/o shield correctly positioned and all?  :)

Just now, stconquest said:

So how did the rest of the PC build go?  Is the i/o shield correctly positioned and all?  :)

Finally, yeah haha

Just took a bit of positioning, not all the standoffs lined up exactly but it still supports the mobo without shorting it out, so it looks great so far. And the lighting looks mega too. Thanks for the help you gave :)

the only thing i dislike about windows 10 is that i cant choose what "additional updates" i want to install, like its installing/updating drivers for a old mouse ive had connected 2 months ago, once, for like 15seconds just to make sure its still working. but other than that windows 10 is great

IF YOU WANT ME TO REPLY TO YOU, QUOTE MY POST.

Fire Strike Score

5820K @ 4.8GHZ - 1.25v / Uncore @ 4.5GHZ - 1.2v / 3000MHZ G.skill 32GB Quad Channel / Asus Rampage V Extreme / 950 Pro Nvme / Sound Blaster ZxR  / 980 TI / Windows 7

1 minute ago, Stefken89 said:

Yes. Windows 10 has been really good for me. Just disable all the things under settings - privacy + get this:

https://www.safer-networking.org/spybot-anti-beacon/

it disables all privacy-concerning things with register updates and whatnot. It works really well.

Thanks, I'll install that when I get Windows 10.