Best static and scratch free work station material around the house?

FoxxyRin

I'm just curious what's recommended to work on a PC on that's both static and scratch free, other than something like a Mod Mat. I'm a bit worried that my table might leave a scratch on my case while I have it on its side, but I'm not sure what would work the best. At first I figured a small towel, but then I remembered that it could possibly introduce static to the work area. Cardboard may or may not be an option (is all cardboard even anti-static? I'm not sure!), but it depends on how big of a box I happen to get tomorrow. (I'm using my case box as storage for all my other part boxes in case of RMA, so no breaking that one down.)

Wipe off your table first before you start working if you're afraid of scratching your case.

I actually couldn't underclock my 5 year old GPU to make it as slow as a next-gen console.

#pcmasterraceproblems

~Slick

Just now, failblox said:

Wipe off your table first before you start working if you're afraid of scratching your case.

My worry is that it has a cheap fake woodgrain finish that seems sort of scratchy feeling. I mean, I doubt it will scratch anything badly if it does scratch, but I'm so paranoid about it for some reason.

Just now, FoxxyRin said:

My worry is that it has a cheap fake woodgrain finish that seems sort of scratchy feeling. I mean, I doubt it will scratch anything badly if it does scratch, but I'm so paranoid about it for some reason.

What material is your case made out of?

I actually couldn't underclock my 5 year old GPU to make it as slow as a next-gen console.

#pcmasterraceproblems

~Slick

Just now, failblox said:

What material is your case made out of?

It's the Define R5, which I think SHOULD be fine, but I did see a few people complain about scratching it easily in some reviews I read before purchasing.

13 minutes ago, FoxxyRin said:

It's the Define R5, which I think SHOULD be fine, but I did see a few people complain about scratching it easily in some reviews I read before purchasing.

It should be fine. Just don't slide it around the table too much when working on it.

#pcmasterraceproblems

~Slick

I've used cardboard and other packaging materials.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

Old Cardboard box seems to work fine for me or old 100% cotton jeans also work. Just mind the rivets in the fabric.