An LTT Forums app?

Should  

14 members have voted

1. 1. Should the LTT team make an app?

2. 2. Which version do you think they should make?

Pretty self-explanatory, do you think that the LTT team should make an iOS/Android app for the forums? It would probably work better than using Safari/Chrome, and push notifications would be a great integration.

PC Specs

CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 5800X

Motherboard: Asus TUF GAMING x570-PLUS (Wi-Fi) ATX AM4

RAM: 32GB G.Skill Trident Z DDR4-3600 CL18

Graphics: ASUS GTX 1080

Case: NZXT S340 Elite

PSU: Corsair RM750 (2019)

Displays: ASUS VS247 & ASUS VH169

Just now, MattShnoop said:

Pretty self-explanatory, do you think that the LTT team should make an iOS/Android app for the forums? It would probably work better than using Safari/Chrome, and push notifications would be a great integration.

Push notifications would be nice, although it seems like the main point of the recent forum changes were to make them more mobile friendly, it's pretty usable even on small screens now

Edit: Also if they did make an app I doubt it would be iOS/Android exclusive, it'd more likely be on both 

Almost as cool as my temps  

1 minute ago, QueenDemetria said:

Also kek no Windows Phone option.

I know one person who has a Windows phone and the only reason they have it is because it's cheap. He'll still call it a "master race" but that's only to trigger me lol

PC Specs

There's already Tapatalk support. And one reason forum was updated was better mobile support. If something comes, it will be closer to next year.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

5 minutes ago, MattShnoop said:

I know one person who has a Windows phone and the only reason they have it is because it's cheap. He'll still call it a "master race" but that's only to trigger me lol

Lol, I have a couple but I don't really use them anymore. Some people do use WP's on this forum though, although not enough to make an app(unless if they wanted to make an app :) ). I was just loling that WP wasn't even an option.

6 minutes ago, Mazeman03 said:

so why not an app lol dummy

Like I said, the mobile site is fine. I just want a link icon, so that it looks better.

rvAuVtF.jpg

Imgur, teksyndicate, Overclock.net, and Anandtech are all web links(not actual apps) and they have icons, but LTT uses a snapshot of the page.

17 minutes ago, MattShnoop said:

the point of having a scalable website is to not need the tapatalk thing app. wich sucks

~New~  BoomBerryPi project !  ~New~

new build log : http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/533392-build-log-the-scrap-simulator-x/?p=7078757 (5 screen flight sim for 620$ CAD)LTT Web Challenge is back ! go here  :  http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/448184-ltt-web-challenge-3-v21/#entry601004

2 minutes ago, QueenDemetria said:

Lol, I have a couple but I don't really use them anymore. Some people do use WP's on this forum though, although not enough to make an app(unless if they wanted to make an app :) ). I was just loling that WP wasn't even an option.

Like I said, the mobile site is fine. I just want a link icon, so that it looks better.

rvAuVtF.jpg

Imgur, teksyndicate, Overclock.net, and Anandtech are all web links(not actual apps) and they have icons, but LTT uses a snapshot of the page.

I think both would be good... An app for some people, because it can integrate better into iOS, but an icon for those who are fine with the website.

PC Specs

44 minutes ago, MattShnoop said:

I think both would be good... An app for some people, because it can integrate better into iOS, but an icon for those who are fine with the website.

An icon is much easier to make lol. 

13 hours ago, QueenDemetria said:

Icon is something that can be done very easily. Post that to suggestions, or I can just tag relevant people. @Cat :^) @colonel_mortis

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

8 hours ago, LoGiCalDrm said:

Icon is something that can be done very easily. Post that to suggestions, or I can just tag relevant people. @Cat :^) @colonel_mortis

I've added it to my todo list :) 

HTTP/2 203