cheap laptop for word processing

Hi. My cousin needs a laptop, but only for word processing and printing. He will not be using the internet, playing games or watching videos on the laptop. I'll probably be disabling the wireless card. A good keyboard would be a definite plus though. If you know of anything please let me know. thanks

I would get a surface 3. Its a tablet running windows for about as much as a laptop like that would cost, just with more capability, and a few other cool features. Google it.

Computers r fun

Any good laptop supplier should do these processes perfectly fine. You could even look into getting something second hand if the purpose is so basic.

Chromebook

i5-4690k@4.5GHz || MSI GTX 970 || MSI z97 Gaming 5 || NZXT Kraken x61 || WD Black 1TB || Crucial MX100 || 8GB Corsair Vengeance Pro || Corsair RM750 || NZXT H440 || Corsair k70 RGB mx browns || Acer H236HL || ViewSonic VX2255wm-4

Would used be fine? The Dell E6420/E6430 can be had for 200 bucks on Ebay. It's an enterprise laptop and they're just starting to be phased out for new machines. So getting them for cheap is pretty easy.

--Intel Core i5-3570k (4.7GHz 1.325V)--16GB Crucial Ballistix Tactical Tracer Red/Green (1860MHZ CL8 1.6V)--Reference GTX 970 (1635/2066)--Asus Sabertooth Z77---Antec HGC750---128GB Samsung 840 Pro---NZXT S340---Razer Blackwidow Ultimate 2014---Anker Gaming Mouse 8000DPI---

Just now, Amazingasian said:

Chromebook

They are okay, but INTERNET. you Need internet and printing is difficult. Yes you could turn on offline sync, but then you still need internet to sync. Its just not as practical compared to something like a surface in this way. I don't know what crypto's OS preference is.

Computers r fun

1 minute ago, Amazingasian said:

Chromebook

Problem with Chromebook is the wordprocessing offline thing. If it's offline then you cant connect to the Google Docs Suite. Unless you can do all of that offline, I haven't ever used one because I don't want to put myself through that pain.

--Intel Core i5-3570k (4.7GHz 1.325V)--16GB Crucial Ballistix Tactical Tracer Red/Green (1860MHZ CL8 1.6V)--Reference GTX 970 (1635/2066)--Asus Sabertooth Z77---Antec HGC750---128GB Samsung 840 Pro---NZXT S340---Razer Blackwidow Ultimate 2014---Anker Gaming Mouse 8000DPI---

Actually, the surface would require an Office license, and google has that for free. We need some more info.

Computers r fun

2 minutes ago, DukeChocula said:

Problem with Chromebook is the wordprocessing offline thing. If it's offline then you cant connect to the Google Docs Suite. Unless you can do all of that offline, I haven't ever used one because I don't want to put myself through that pain.

2 minutes ago, TheNuzziNuzz said:

They are okay, but INTERNET. you Need internet and printing is difficult. Yes you could turn on offline sync, but then you still need internet to sync. Its just not as practical compared to something like a surface in this way. I don't know what crypto's OS preference is.

You just need the internet to set the thing up.  Once you download the Google Drive apps into chrome, you will be able to edit and view all your documents offline.... it just won't sync to the cloud.

i5-4690k@4.5GHz || MSI GTX 970 || MSI z97 Gaming 5 || NZXT Kraken x61 || WD Black 1TB || Crucial MX100 || 8GB Corsair Vengeance Pro || Corsair RM750 || NZXT H440 || Corsair k70 RGB mx browns || Acer H236HL || ViewSonic VX2255wm-4

Get a cheap Windows RT tablet and an external mechanical keyboard.

CPU: Intel i7 5820K @ 4.20 GHz | MotherboardMSI X99S SLI PLUS | RAM: Corsair LPX 16GB DDR4 @ 2666MHz | GPU: Sapphire R9 Fury (x2 CrossFire)
Storage: Samsung 950Pro 512GB // OCZ Vector150 240GB // Seagate 1TB | PSU: Seasonic 1050 Snow Silent | Case: NZXT H440 | Cooling: Nepton 240M
FireStrike // Extreme // Ultra // 8K // 16K

29 minutes ago, cryptogyro said:

Hi. My cousin needs a laptop, but only for word processing and printing. He will not be using the internet, playing games or watching videos on the laptop. I'll probably be disabling the wireless card. A good keyboard would be a definite plus though. If you know of anything please let me know. thanks

I'd recommend picking up a used Thinkpad (T410, T420, T430) on eBay. They are steel, extremely reliable business grade laptops, that companies sell in bulk really cheap when they upgrade despite usually being in very good condition.

29 minutes ago, TheNuzziNuzz said:

I would get a surface 3. Its a tablet running windows for about as much as a laptop like that would cost, just with more capability, and a few other cool features. Google it.

Pretty expensive O.o

Almost as cool as my temps