PC WITHOUT GPU?

Tjubes

So I just sold my iMac for 850€ and have approx. 1100€ to spend on my new PC, I also have to buy a new keyboard and monitor(1440P) from that money. Is it smart to just build it and then wait for my birthday (20 February) to buy the GPU? Here's the build, any recommendations are welcome :)

PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant

CPU: Intel Core i5-6600K 3.5GHz Quad-Core Processor  (€256.82 @ Mindfactory) 
CPU Cooler: Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO 82.9 CFM Sleeve Bearing CPU Cooler  (€36.49 @ Amazon Deutschland) 
Motherboard: MSI Z170A PC MATE ATX LGA1151 Motherboard  (€113.31 @ Mindfactory) 
Memory: Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB (2 x 8GB) DDR4-3000 Memory  (€104.08 @ Mindfactory) 
Storage: Crucial BX200 480GB 2.5" Solid State Drive  (€132.76 @ Mindfactory) 
Case: Fractal Design Define R4 w/Window (Black Pearl) ATX Mid Tower Case  (€85.44 @ Amazon Deutschland) 
Power Supply: Corsair RM 650W 80+ Gold Certified Fully-Modular ATX Power Supply  (€117.53 @ Mindfactory) 
Total: €846.43
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2016-02-07 16:23 CET+0100

N.b. I'm writing this on my iPad, so rip grammar ;).

I'd wait and do it all at once unless you have no other computer, in which case you might as well get up and running.

- Silverstone TJ08B-E - Gigabyte Z87M-D3H - i7 4770k @ 4.0GHZ 1.2v - 16gb Kingston HyperX Black 1600 - Gigabyte GTX 770 OC 4GB -

- Silverstone Fortress FT02 - MSI Z77 Mpower - i5 3570k @ 4.0GHZ 1.09v - 8gb Mushkin Blackline 1600 - MSI GTX 670 PE -

- Lenovo T430 (1600x900) - i5 3210m - 8GB DDR3 1333 - nVidia NVS5400M - 256GB mSATA OS - 320GB HDD-

yes it can but you wont be playing any demanding games. but just out of curiosity what GPU are you planning to buy?

Specs: CPU: I5 6600K (4.5 GHZ), GPU: RX 480 (stock), Mobo: MSI Z170A tomahawk AC, RAM: Corsair 16GB drr4 2600, CASE: NZXT S340, storage 240GB crusial SSD and a 1TB WD HHD

I'll probably suggest AMD A-series if you'll just play League and some not-too-demanding online FPS games like Crossfire 2.0 or Special Force 2. and even just a 4gb ram ddr3. you don't even need to attach even a single 80mm fan and it'll last 3 years, around the time this build is considered obsolete.

A-series is simply a CPU where a huge part of it is actually a "video card". you aren't actually buying a separate, dedicated video card and perfect for those with tight budget.

then jump to a higher spec when you'll finally decide to play those high demand games.

53 minutes ago, kidlat020 said:

I'll probably suggest AMD A-series if you'll just play League and some not-too-demanding online FPS games like Crossfire 2.0 or Special Force 2. and even just a 4gb ram ddr3. you don't need to cool this and it'll last 3 years, around the time this build is considered obsolete.

then jump to a higher spec when you'll finally decide to play those high demand games.

Which A-series then?

I wanna say A4 but that's TOO MUCH. A6 has I think 2 cores, while A8 has 4 cores which is probably overkill to you.

5 minutes ago, kidlat020 said:

I wanna say A4 but that's TOO MUCH. A6 has I think 2 cores, while A8 has 4 cores which is probably overkill to you.

why shouldn't I buy the 6600K?

^ speaking from what I hear from internet cafe owners in my country. But I think that's back when A4 was 4300K I can't remember. I could personally recommend A6 5400K (lower version) as long as you'll play said games.

otherwise gamble it.

2 minutes ago, kidlat020 said:

^ speaking from what I hear from internet cafe owners in my country. But I think that's back when A4 was 4300K I can't remember. I could personally recommend A6 5400K (lower version) as long as you'll play said games.

otherwise gamble it.

I think I'll just go for the 6600K since I'm also going to stream/record gameplay and programs like OBS are all CPU based. Thanks for the advice though, just don't want to upgrade my CPU after a year ;).

If you don't want to buy a GPU get a APU. And you can use a APU+GPU setup, which is actually IGPU+DGPU+CPU.

Ryzen 7 3700X / 16GB RAM / Optane SSD / GTX 1650 / Solus Linux

16 minutes ago, NunoLava1998 said:

If you don't want to buy a GPU get a APU. And you can use a APU+GPU setup, which is actually IGPU+DGPU+CPU.

Well your words sounds better than it atually is APU's arent that great and you can't bundle grapichs unless SLI/CF.

@Redicat I forgot to mention if APU's are single they are a piece of ****

Ryzen 7 3700X / 16GB RAM / Optane SSD / GTX 1650 / Solus Linux