Buying a Processor for HTPC; Recomendations?

Hello! 

I'm putting a system together, in one device, to include the following;

Network Attached Storage

Home Theater Personal Computer

Router - maybe

Zero noise - fan-less

So I've found this case (Streacom F10) and it has a very unique CPU cooler built into it for passive, fan-less cooling. 

Since I want it to be my home server, I'd like to get some ECC memory and a Xeon processor with a bunch of cores. The processor I've found is the Intel Xeon Eight-Core E5-2660 for $219.99USD. Now, I've chosen this because of the CPU passmark benchmark score to price ratio, is awesome. (Score of 11000+) But I've still continued looking around for better products or deals and I've found that the E5-2650 is more than triple the price at Micro Center, but has a lower score on passmark, and has nearly identical specs...

So my question is this; What processor would you recommend (price to performance ratios are my favorite), without sacrificing functionality below the performance (for general computing activities) of an i7-4790? That's the processor in my personal computer and I like how I can never bog it down. 

10 minutes ago, Jeff Byous said:

Hello! 

I'm putting a system together, in one device, to include the following;

Network Attached Storage

Home Theater Personal Computer

Router - maybe

Zero noise - fan-less

So I've found this case (Streacom F10) and it has a very unique CPU cooler built into it for passive, fan-less cooling. 

Since I want it to be my home server, I'd like to get some ECC memory and a Xeon processor with a bunch of cores. The processor I've found is the Intel Xeon Eight-Core E5-2660 for $219.99USD. Now, I've chosen this because of the CPU passmark benchmark score to price ratio, is awesome. (Score of 11000+) But I've still continued looking around for better products or deals and I've found that the E5-2650 is more than triple the price at Micro Center, but has a lower score on passmark, and has nearly identical specs...

So my question is this; What processor would you recommend (price to performance ratios are my favorite), without sacrificing functionality below the performance (for general computing activities) of an i7-4790? That's the processor in my personal computer and I like how I can never bog it down. 

All i can say is have fun cooling a high end CPU with that passive case....wont end up well 

CPU: AMD FX-6300     COOLER: Hyper 212 EVO    MOBO: ASUS M5A97 R2.0    RAM: Team Vulcan 8Gb (4Gb x 2) , G-Skill Sniper (4Gb x 2)    PSU: Rosewill HIVE-750w    GPU: ASUS HD 7790 2Gb OC    CASE: NZXT Phantom 410    STORAGE: WD Black 1Tb , Intel 530 120Gb     AUDIO: HyperX Cloud , Sennheiser HD 518 , Audio Technica ATH-M30 , Sennheiser MM30G , Yamaha RX-V361 , Pioneer SP-BS22     PHONE: Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge     PERIPHERALS: Razer BlackWidow Ultimate Classic , Logitech g502 ( Thanks Syntaxvgm <3 )

Yeah you won't be cooling a non-l xeon with that case. 

You could always go with a 6400.

Is it necessary that it be fan less?  Can you not handle a couple fans?

CPU: AMD FX-6300     COOLER: Hyper 212 EVO    MOBO: ASUS M5A97 R2.0    RAM: Team Vulcan 8Gb (4Gb x 2) , G-Skill Sniper (4Gb x 2)    PSU: Rosewill HIVE-750w    GPU: ASUS HD 7790 2Gb OC    CASE: NZXT Phantom 410    STORAGE: WD Black 1Tb , Intel 530 120Gb     AUDIO: HyperX Cloud , Sennheiser HD 518 , Audio Technica ATH-M30 , Sennheiser MM30G , Yamaha RX-V361 , Pioneer SP-BS22     PHONE: Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge     PERIPHERALS: Razer BlackWidow Ultimate Classic , Logitech g502 ( Thanks Syntaxvgm <3 )

I have my HTPC in another room in a server rack but if your looking at 100% fanless look to an extreamly low TDP, I5 6600T or Xeon E3-1265L V3. Hook it up with a 970 or a Fury nano...