Is This a Good, Solid PC Build?

So, I was just curious to know how good my chosen build is:

GPU: XFX R9 390 8GB VRAM

CPU: Intel Core i5-4590

MOBO: Asus H81M-K

RAM: G.Skills X Series 8GB DDR3 (4GB x 2)

PSU: Antec TruePower Classic 80+ Bronze 650W

Case: Raidmax Vortex V3

Hard Drive 1: Western Digital 1TB 7200RPM

Hard Drive 2: Western Digital Black Scorpio 500GB (Ripped it out if my old Phat Jailbroken PS3 that got the Yellow Light of Death (YLOD))

Hard Dive 3: Western Digital Yellow 200GB (Has my Mac OS X partition, found it in an older computer)

Monitor: Asus VX28 1080p 60Hz 1ms 80million to 1 contrast ratio

Keyboard: Logitech G510

Mouse Mad Catz M.O.U.S 9

(Share your builds too!)

Moved to New Builds and Planning.

"It pays to keep an open mind, but not so open your brain falls out." - Carl Sagan.

"I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you" - Edward I. Koch

Seems solid to me

Archangel (Desktop) CPU: i5 4590 GPU:Asus R9 280  3GB RAM:HyperX Beast 2x4GBPSU:SeaSonic S12G 750W Mobo:GA-H97m-HD3 Case:CM Silencio 650 Storage:1 TB WD Red
Celestial (Laptop 1) CPU:i7 4720HQ GPU:GTX 860M 4GB RAM:2x4GB SK Hynix DDR3Storage: 250GB 850 EVO Model:Lenovo Y50-70
Seraph (Laptop 2) CPU:i7 6700HQ GPU:GTX 970M 3GB RAM:2x8GB DDR4Storage: 256GB Samsung 951 + 1TB Toshiba HDD Model:Asus GL502VT

Windows 10 is now MSX! - http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/440190-can-we-start-calling-windows-10/page-6

Looks good to me.

CPU: Ryzen 5 3600X            | Cooler: Deepcool AK400      | Motherboard: B550 Elite AX V2  | Storage: Samsung 980 Pro 1TB  |

RAM: Corsair Vengeance 16GB   | GPU: MSI RTX 3060 Ti        | Case: NZXT H440 (Red/Black)    | PSU: EVGA 650W G2             |

Why are you going original haswell mobo with a haswell refresh CPU?  Are there no good H97 boards available?

You seem to have forgotten the SSD

Not a problem but just a note: that screen will not be really 80000000:1 - that's dynamic contrast, ie, worthless.  Just look at the actual contrast ratio (probably around 1000:1)

Solve your own audio issues  |  First Steps with RPi 3  |  Humidity & Condensation  |  Sleep & Hibernation  |  Overclocking RAM  |  Making Backups  |  Displays  |  4K / 8K / 16K / etc.  |  Do I need 80+ Platinum?

If you can read this you're using the wrong theme.  You can change it at the bottom.

5 minutes ago, undefeatedmonarch said:

The specific PSU is this one: http://www.antec.com/product.php?id=706699&pid=137

TruePower Class 650C

Could get by with 500w, IMO, but looks good. Would also go for an h97 mobo and an SSD, especially if you already have some storage drives.

Tip to those that are new on LTT forum- quote a post so that the person you are quoting gets a notification, otherwise they'll have no idea that you did. You can also use a tag such as @Ryoutarou97 (replace my username with anyone's. You should get a dropdown after you type the "@")to send a notification, but quoting is preferable.

Feel free to PM me about absolutely anything be it tech, math, literature, etc. I'll try my best to help. I'm currently looking for a cheap used build for around $25 to set up as a home server if anyone is selling.

If you are a native speaker please use proper English if you can. Punctuation, capitalization, and spelling are as important to making your message readable as proper night theme formatting is.

My build is fully operational, but won't be posted until after I get a GPU in it and the case arted up.

3 minutes ago, Ryan_Vickers said:

Why are you going original haswell mobo with a haswell refresh CPU?  Are there no good H97 boards available?

You seem to have forgotten the SSD

Not a problem but just a note: that screen will not be really 80000000:1 - that's dynamic contrast, ie, worthless.  Just look at the actual contrast ratio (probably around 1000:1)

At the moment, I need more storage over speed. Eventually, I will get an SSD, for sure. And about the MOBO, I needed something relatively cheap :'(