Ladders broken on HL?

DjArtifact

I'm going back and playing HL1 and the ladders seem to be broken.  I can go all the way up them but I can't get off onto the the platform at the top of the ladder so I'm stuck.  Is there any patch to fix this?

Main Rig: i5-3570k | Asrock B75M-ITX | 8gb Crucial Tactical Tracer | Mushkin 60gb SSD | Seagate Momentus XT Gen. 2 750gb | Galaxy 660 ti | Superlux HD668B | Custom Built Super SFF Case | Athena Power 400w m-itx PSU | Steelseries 6Gv/2 Red Switch | Ikari Optical | QCK Heavy |

go back to a previous save, and go and play Black Mesa please, re-made half life 1 with better graphics FO FREE

I'd rather play it with the old graphics.

Main Rig: i5-3570k | Asrock B75M-ITX | 8gb Crucial Tactical Tracer | Mushkin 60gb SSD | Seagate Momentus XT Gen. 2 750gb | Galaxy 660 ti | Superlux HD668B | Custom Built Super SFF Case | Athena Power 400w m-itx PSU | Steelseries 6Gv/2 Red Switch | Ikari Optical | QCK Heavy |

I'd rather play it with the old graphics.

black mesa all the way... but if you havent played hl1 and expansions, then go ahead

black mesa all the way... but if you havent played hl1 and expansions, then go ahead

I just prefer to play the game it's meant to be played.

I just prefer to play the game it's meant to be played.

Ye ye and with Skyrim you probably would preffer playing without mods, right? Wow I will never understand some people...

So... If Jesus had the gold, would he buy himself out instead of waiting 3 days for the respawn?

CPU: Phenom II x6 1045t ][ GPU: GeForce 9600GT 512mb DDR3 ][ Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-MA770T-UD3P ][ RAM: 2x4GB Kingston 1333MHz CL9 DDR3 ][ HDD: Western Digital Green 2TB ][ PSU: Chieftec 500AB A ][ Case: No-name without airflow or dust filters Budget saved for an upgrade so far: 2400PLN (600€) - Initial 2800PLN (700€) Upgraded already: CPU

go back to a previous save, and go and play Black Mesa please, re-made half life 1 with better graphics FO FREE

Black mesa isn't the same. It differentiates quite a bit. 

Ye ye and with Skyrim you probably would preffer playing without mods, right? Wow I will never understand some people...

I'd rather play Oblivion.

CPU: Ryzen 5 3600 @ Stock, CPU cooler: Dark Rock 4, Motherboard: MSI B450M PRO-M2 MAX, RAM: 2x8GB Crucial Ballistix DDR4 @ 3000Mhz, GPU: EVGA GTX 1080 ACX 3.0, SSD: Crucial P1 1TB M.2 + 2x120GB SSDs, Case: Corsair 110R, PSU: Corsair TX650M, OS: Windows 10 64-bit.

No, Black Mesa just doesn't feel the same as the original HL to me. I don't mind bad graphics.

No, Black Mesa just doesn't feel the same as the original HL to me. I don't mind bad graphics.

Ofcourse :) different engine. But they did exellent job with black mesa. I highly recommend you download it also, then play maybe a bit later when you feel like it. 

Better textures do really help alot. I played hl1 and expansions and many mods, so the originality wore off a bit :P

To be honest I prefer the original half life too.

System specs
  • Graphics card: Asus GTX 980 Ti (Temp target: 60c, fan speed: slow as hell)
  • CPU: Intel 6700k @ 4.2Ghz
  • CPU Heatsink: ThermalRight Silver Arrow Extreme
  • Motherboard: Asus Maximus Viii Gene
  • Ram: 8GB of DDR4 @ 3000Mhz
  • Headphone source: O2 + Odac 
  • Mic input: Creative X-Fi Titanium HD
  • Case: Fractal Design Arc midi R2
  • Boot Drive: Samsung 840 Pro 128GB 
  • Storage: Seagate SSHD 2TB
  • PSU: Be quiet! Dark Power Pro 550w

Peripherals

• Monitor: Asus ROG Swift PG278Q
  • Mouse: Razer DeathAdder Chroma (16.5 inch/360)
  • Mouse surface: Mionix Sargas 900
  • Tablet: Wacom Intuos Pen
  • Keyboard: Filco Majestouch Ninja, MX Brown, Ten Keyless 
  • Headphones: AKG K7xx
  • IEMs: BrainWavs S1

Black Mesa is great imho, really nice remake but not 1:1

Anyway, with your ladder problem, have you tried pressing the "E" button to get off the ladder onto the platform?