What do I do?

So my parents got me a present. A Canon Powershot SX530 HS and back then i told them I wanted it. Now that I have it I actually hate it! There are NO manual controls for video!

Can you still return it?

Perhaps do your research next time :P

TX10 Build Log: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/456229-tx10-build-log/

Case: TX10-D   Proccessor: i7-5820k   MotherBoard: Asrockx99 Extreme4   Ram: Crucial Ballistix Sport 16GB (DDR4-2400)   GPU: Asus Strix OC 980ti   Storage: 850pro 500gb, 850pro 500gb, 850pro 256gb, WD black 16tb total, Silicon Power S60 120GB   PSU: Seasonic snow silent 1050   Monitors: Three of Asus VG248QE 144Hz 24.0"

Just now, Cvdasfg said:

Can you still return it?

Perhaps do your research next time :P

Okay so here me out.  I did the best research I could back then. I did not know a lot about cameras back then. I can't return it. My parents get mad everytime I bring up "I want to sell it".

Just now, GamerzCentralYT said:

Okay so here me out.  I did the best research I could back then. I did not know a lot about cameras back then. I can't return it. My parents get mad everytime I bring up "I want to sell it".

Well then I guess your kinda screwed. Nothing you can really do about it. I guess just make the best of it and try working with your camera. 

Or perhaps explain to your parents what you just said to me. Say you made a mistake and didn't understand as much about cameras as you do now. Explain why the current camera wont work and why if you sold it, you could get something better. 

Case: TX10-D   Proccessor: i7-5820k   MotherBoard: Asrockx99 Extreme4   Ram: Crucial Ballistix Sport 16GB (DDR4-2400)   GPU: Asus Strix OC 980ti   Storage: 850pro 500gb, 850pro 500gb, 850pro 256gb, WD black 16tb total, Silicon Power S60 120GB   PSU: Seasonic snow silent 1050   Monitors: Three of Asus VG248QE 144Hz 24.0"

1 minute ago, Cvdasfg said:

Well then I guess your kinda screwed. Nothing you can really do about it. I guess just make the best of it and try working with your camera. 

Or perhaps explain to your parents what you just said to me. Say you made a mistake and didn't understand as much about cameras as you do now. Explain why the current camera wont work and why if you sold it, you could get something better. 

Thanks for advice. I guess I'll see what I can do.

2 minutes ago, GamerzCentralYT said:

Thanks for advice. I guess I'll see what I can do.

No problem! let me know what happens :) and goodluck!

sell it, buy another one you like, when they ask play stupid and say its the same, problem solved.

Deal-With-It-Gif-06.gif

IF YOU WANT ME TO REPLY TO YOU, QUOTE MY POST.

Fire Strike Score

5820K @ 4.8GHZ - 1.25v / Uncore @ 4.5GHZ - 1.2v / 3000MHZ G.skill 32GB Quad Channel / Asus Rampage V Extreme / 950 Pro Nvme / Sound Blaster ZxR  / 980 TI / Windows 7

1 minute ago, Cvdasfg said:

No problem! let me know what happens :) and goodluck!

Will do! Thanks!

See if you can "enhance" it somewhat using Magic Lantern.

And next time, just know that cameras with integrated lenses (non-interchangeable) do not usually give you full manual control.  Yes there are some models that do, but they cost about as much, if not more, than entry level DSLRs.

Guide: DSLR or Video camera?, Guide: Film/Photo makers' useful resources, Guide: Lenses, a quick primer

Nikon D4, Nikon D800E, Fuji X-E2, Canon G16, Gopro Hero 3+, iPhone 5s. Hasselblad 500C/M, Sony PXW-FS7

ICT Consultant, Photographer, Video producer, Scuba diver and underwater explorer, Nature & humanitarian documentary producer

3 hours ago, ALwin said:

See if you can "enhance" it somewhat using Magic Lantern.

And next time, just know that cameras with integrated lenses (non-interchangeable) do not usually give you full manual control.  Yes there are some models that do, but they cost about as much, if not more, than entry level DSLRs.

Thank you.