Can't decide whether to sell my PC as a build, or parts

Thespragg

Ok so in the last year I've upgraded my rig pretty heavy, and because of this I now have:

CPU: FX-8350

RAM: 16GB corsair vengeance 1333Mhz

GPU: Asus R9 280

MOBO: Crosshair V Formula Z

PSU: Corsair CX750M

SSD: OCZ arc 100 120Gb

HDD: WD Green 2Tb

And was wondering, should I sell this as individual parts, or buy a case and sell it as a full build? Which would get me the most value?

More than likely it would bring more parted out. Also, many people that actually build computers buy their things by the component (Like you did).  Everything you buy loses value the minute you buy it and it becomes used. Buying a case would be a deliberate loss there as well. Just my opinion but if it were me I would sell it by the part.

Did everyone see that? Because I will not be doing it again.

You should probably sell it as parts, if it's already built, they usually sell for less.

Just now, VicariousStudio said:

More than likely it would bring more parted out. Also, many people that actually build computers buy their things by the component (Like you did).  Everything you buy loses value the minute you buy it and it becomes used. Buying a case would be a deliberate loss there as well. Just my opinion but if it were me I would sell it by the part.

I did think that, but I was worried parts like the PSU/GPU wouldnt sell as theyre somewhat unknown/underated

1. you should sell as parts then u could technicaly get a wee more money cause you could sell and buy dif parts.BY:Alexgt

1 minute ago, Thespragg said:

I did think that, but I was worried parts like the PSU/GPU wouldnt sell as theyre somewhat unknown/underated

CX 750, maybe. R9 280? No way that´s fucking unknown/underrated.

Just now, Thespragg said:

Well that's where you can inform them! Posting benchmarks, specs, etc wouldn't be a bad idea to include with your ad. I mean in all truth most people that are buying used are doing so for a good deal rather than an epic performance. Make sure your parts are clean and free from dust as much as possible and ya, post any information you had along with any apps you ran or games your played and the performance you got from them perhaps.

4 minutes ago, VicariousStudio said:

Well that's where you can inform them! Posting benchmarks, specs, etc wouldn't be a bad idea to include with your ad. I mean in all truth most people that are buying used are doing so for a good deal rather than an epic performance. Make sure your parts are clean and free from dust as much as possible and ya, post any information you had along with any apps you ran or games your played and the performance you got from them perhaps.

Very true, my main problem with the r9 280 was there's so much bad press about burnt out ones since they're so good for coin mining.

I wish having a good over clocking CPU still meant as much haha, I managed to get a stable 5.6ghz out of that chip at one point

Just now, Thespragg said:

I managed to get a stable 5.6ghz out of that chip at one point

May not want to mention that to the person buying it lol. That is one sweet overclock though! Honestly, if you can't manage to get enough out of the GPU, sell the rest and keep the GPU as a backup in case your new one goes out. Lord knows any techy person has spare parts right?

4 minutes ago, VicariousStudio said:

May not want to mention that to the person buying it lol. That is one sweet overclock though! Honestly, if you can't manage to get enough out of the GPU, sell the rest and keep the GPU as a backup in case your new one goes out. Lord knows any techy person has spare parts right?

Only had it overclocked for a month before the upgrade so its all good, very true, already have a test bench though so right now I dont need much, i will be going with part sales though

I prefer parting out because I do not sell hard drives, and I won't buy a new part for a system I'm selling.

If you have the patience for it you can usually get a little more too.

my work in progress

i5 6600k  //  16gb g.skill ddr4 3000  //  evga gtx 980

custom water loop

Damn I have almost the same system sitting in the corner that needs to go. I should part it out. Too bad you cant on here that would be really nice!