Collage laptop

Go to solution Solved by JTB77,

I have the asus ux305fa and its great, but gets hot, and NO TOUCHSCREEN, I would return it and get a surface if I could, It depends on what you like, I personally would like to have a surface because I can write on it(better for your math classes), you might be able to get a surface 3, if you want to write some notes get a surface

If you do not want to get a surface, then get a hp stream which isnt very powerful but is a bit under your price range, then try to save up some more and buy a new one in a year or two which will be nicer, I personally would rather have a surface ONLY because of the writing capibility

Whats a good laptop for collage ( just for taking notes and stuff) for aroud $500 Australian dollars???

for $500 I'm pretty sure you can get something with an i3 in it which is what my cousin used through 6 years of college and I used for one. It can do everything you need unless you need a really powerful machine. 

Pretty much just find something with an i3, 4-8GB of RAM (try for 8 if you can) and a 1TB HDD or 512GB SSD in it and it'll pretty much be perfect for you. 

Gaming Desktop - AMD Ryzen 7 5800X, MSI MPG B550 Gaming Plus, 32GB Cosair Vengenace LP 3600mhz, EVGA RTX 3070 XC3 Ultra,  Sabrent Rocket 4 1TB NVME SSD, WD Blue SN570 NVME SSD, 4TB Mass storage, EVGA 750W G2, Corsair 270R

I have the asus ux305fa and its great, but gets hot, and NO TOUCHSCREEN, I would return it and get a surface if I could, It depends on what you like, I personally would like to have a surface because I can write on it(better for your math classes), you might be able to get a surface 3, if you want to write some notes get a surface

If you do not want to get a surface, then get a hp stream which isnt very powerful but is a bit under your price range, then try to save up some more and buy a new one in a year or two which will be nicer, I personally would rather have a surface ONLY because of the writing capibility

CPU - Intel I3-6100 Motherboard - MSI Z170-A PRO RAM G.SKILL NT Series 8gb 2400MZ DDR4 GPU - Power Color R9 380X Case - NZXT Source 220 Window Storage - 1TB Western Digital Blue PSU - Corsair CX500 OS - Windows 10 Pro