Corsair CX 750

Plasmirat

hey guys!

so i made some upgrades to my rig~ i bought a R9 380 GPU, added some ddr3 ram, a new SSD and minor stuff. so i was already at the store and decided to get a new PSU cuz my old one wouldnt handle the extra AMPs for the GPU so i bought a corsair CX750, the problem is that i've seen different reviews on this PSU ~some ppl say it sucks and its not reliable for a high end PC  and some others say "its ok that should be enough psu cuz the the 750 has a diff build than other cx models" but im not certain about "whats an high end pc" i dont think mine fits that description.

my specs are i3 HT CPU (not yet upgrading to a 4 cores cuz i dont run many AAA titles nor CPU hungry games and im not into overclocking) , my new r9 380, 500gb ssd + 2tb HDD and 16gb ddr3 ram

i use my pc a fairly 4/5 hours daily.

so should i keep the CX750(i dont really care about the noise)  or is it just flat not reliable at all for my rig and i should run back to the store and get another (which one do you guys recommend)

you should be good. Most of the people that rip on the cx have little to no experience with it. i have an old cx430 and havent had any problems with it. and you most likely wouldnt either, now if you were pushing a sli setup and actually drawing near the 700w than yea but your not

Tsubasa (The 7680x1440 beast): CPU: Intel i7 8086k | Cooler: Fully Custom Rigid Loop MOBO: Asus Z370-I ITX | GPU: Nvidia Titan Xp Star Wars | RAM: 32Gb 2x16gb Gskill Trident Z RGB | SSD: Samsung 1TB 970 Evo Nvme, 2TB Micron Sata SSD | Case: Fractal Design Nano S | PSU: Corsair SF600 With Full custom cables  

9 minutes ago, Plasmirat said:

hey guys!

so i made some upgrades to my rig~ i bought a R9 380 GPU, added some ddr3 ram, a new SSD and minor stuff. so i was already at the store and decided to get a new PSU cuz my old one wouldnt handle the extra AMPs for the GPU so i bought a corsair CX750, the problem is that i've seen different reviews on this PSU ~some ppl say it sucks and its not reliable for a high end PC  and some others say "its ok that should be enough psu cuz the the 750 has a diff build than other cx models" but im not certain about "whats an high end pc" i dont think mine fits that description.

my specs are i3 HT CPU (not yet upgrading to a 4 cores cuz i dont run many AAA titles nor CPU hungry games and im not into overclocking) , my new r9 380, 500gb ssd + 2tb HDD and 16gb ddr3 ram

i use my pc a fairly 4/5 hours daily.

so should i keep the CX750(i dont really care about the noise)  or is it just flat not reliable at all for my rig and i should run back to the store and get another (which one do you guys recommend)

A lot of people say it's crap quality.

It's probably fine. although if you need a reliable PSU look no further than a seasonic S12-II

PC Specs:

Core I5 4690K CPU
Gigabyte GTX 960 windforce 4GB GDDR5 GPU
Corsair 100R case
Seasonic 620W S12-II PSU
Kingston SSDNow 120GB SSD
Toshiba 1TB HDD
Asrock H97 Pro4 motherboard
8GB panram DDR3 1600 RAM
Windows 10 home 64 bit

The CX750 is fine it was made by a different company than those who made the rest of the CX line (Except the 850w) so it doesn't have the same problems as the rest of them, I would still not recomend doing a build with it but it will be fine. 

An AMD cpu has no place in a solely gaming build, end of.

I3 4150, Intel HD graphics, corsair CX750M, 4gb ram, Asus H81M-E, corsair 230T, Intel stock cooler WD Green 2TB Gigabyte 550TI

Why you shouldn't trust Gpu or Cpu boss Click on this I dare you!

It's still 30*C temp tolerance which is the main gripe most people, me included, have with them.

Archangel (Desktop) CPU: i5 4590 GPU:Asus R9 280  3GB RAM:HyperX Beast 2x4GBPSU:SeaSonic S12G 750W Mobo:GA-H97m-HD3 Case:CM Silencio 650 Storage:1 TB WD Red
Celestial (Laptop 1) CPU:i7 4720HQ GPU:GTX 860M 4GB RAM:2x4GB SK Hynix DDR3Storage: 250GB 850 EVO Model:Lenovo Y50-70
Seraph (Laptop 2) CPU:i7 6700HQ GPU:GTX 970M 3GB RAM:2x8GB DDR4Storage: 256GB Samsung 951 + 1TB Toshiba HDD Model:Asus GL502VT

Windows 10 is now MSX! - http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/440190-can-we-start-calling-windows-10/page-6

Unlike Alot of people who rip on it cos they love to jump on the hate band wagon,  I have had a cx750,  and it has killed  a 980 plus a few hard drives on me. Some people say it was my fault for using it for high end rig but imo it just failed technically.  (I'm not sure if the fault was related to the well known issues or not) 

Anyway while I do suggest it for low end devices,  I'd be careful of it for high end.  

There aight no reason to buy a cx unit.

It's poor quality, loud, and hot. Has mustard cables, etc. 

There is also a plethora of appropriate PSU's that are competitively priced to CX units. 

14 minutes ago, Alexokan said:

There aight no reason to buy a cx unit.

It's poor quality, loud, and hot. Has mustard cables, etc. 

There is also a plethora of appropriate PSU's that are competitively priced to CX units. 

I'm sorry to say, but this information is just plain false, at least compared to my experience with owning one. I have this exact power supply and I have no issues with noise nor temps. In fact it works great. It doesn't have the Corsair Link function, but in my case I wasn't looking for that. This one to be exact: http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00ALK3KEM

I have had no issues with it at all, you can see my specs in profile if you like. 4 1/2 stars nearly perfect amazon rating from over 1,200 people.

Did everyone see that? Because I will not be doing it again.

2 minutes ago, VicariousStudio said:

I'm sorry to say, but this information is just plain false, at least compared to my experience with owning one. I have this exact power supply and I have no issues with noise nor temps. In fact it works great. It doesn't have the Corsair Link function, but in my case I wasn't looking for that. This one to be exact: http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00ALK3KEM

I have had no issues with it at all, you can see my specs in profile if you like. 4 1/2 stars nearly perfect amazon rating from over 1,200 people.

It is definitely hot and loud, you may have a jet engine in your computer somewhere else - but when I tested one of these out it was by far the loudest thing in the system. Meanwhile I have 6 case fans that all are of poor quality and fairly loud themselves. 

But, still an opinion - so if you don't think it is, hey that's you and I don't have to agree with you. 

But, trying to justify your purchase with bias is no way to live. :D 

lol I have no desire to justify my purchase. I'm just trying to give the person some feedback as an owner same as you. I bought it, my experience was good, and I would buy another one if I needed it.

Did everyone see that? Because I will not be doing it again.

1 minute ago, VicariousStudio said:

lol I have no desire to justify my purchase. I'm just trying to give the person some feedback as an owner same as you. I bought it, my experience was good, and I would buy another one if I needed it.

CX PSUs are fine, provided that they are in a acceptable temperature range(30C or lower). 

My experience is that CX PSUs work fine, i have a buddy that has a 430 for a mid range PC and it's running fine for him.

Don't expect a lot of amps from PCIE connectors if you're powering something like a 295X2.

Just now, Bubblewhale said:

CX PSUs are fine, provided that they are in a acceptable temperature range(30C or lower). 

My experience is that CX PSUs work fine, i have a buddy that has a 430 for a mid range PC and it's running fine for him.

Don't expect a lot of amps from PCIE connectors if you're powering something like a 295X2.

i would never pair a 295x2 with a cx psu

RIG #14670k @4.4 / 1.25v vcore. @ 4.5 / 1.3v vcore/ 1.95v vccin. MSI GAMING 4G GTX 970 @1540/3700 1.275v BIOS MOD. 16GB Kingston HyperX Savage RAM 2400mhz. MSI GAMING 5 Z97 MOBOFractal Design Define S. Dark Rock Pro 3. 850 EVO 250GB Seasonic M12II 620w
RIG #2: 4790k @ 4.6 / 1.25v vcore. EVGA SC ACX 2.0 980 SLI16GB Corsair Vengeance Pro 2400mhz. Asus MAXIMUS VII Hero Z97. Fractal Design Define R5. NH D15. 850 EVO 250GB AX 860

2 hours ago, ADZ_123_!"£ said:

The CX750 is fine it was made by a different company than those who made the rest of the CX line (Except the 850w) so it doesn't have the same problems as the rest of them, I would still not recomend doing a build with it but it will be fine. 

It's still made by CWT, just based on a different platform (similar to the GS line). It still has the same major concern with the rest of the CX line, being that they're only rated to 30c ambient temp.

"Rawr XD"