CyberpowerPC

Hey guys,
Iv been looking into this site CYBERPOWERPC, they have a PC on their site (Z97 I7) that i want to customize and might buy. iv heard that this site is fairly inexpensive but with good quality parts.
Has anyone else had any experiences with ordering from them? were the products good?
Or would i be better off ordering parts from somewhere like amazon? If so, where do i get a good quality case with a glass side panel?
Cheers.

Check some of their "specials" they end up cheaper than others with the same exact parts.

http://www.cyberpowerpc.com/saved/1HN7W5

http://www.cyberpowerpc.com/saved/1HN82A

http://www.cyberpowerpc.com/saved/1HN82R

Same parts (exept DVD drive in first) 3 diff prices xD

2 minutes ago, Yakapovski said:

Hey guys,
Iv been looking into this site CYBERPOWERPC, they have a PC on their site (Z97 I7) that i want to customize and might buy. iv heard that this site is fairly inexpensive but with good quality parts.
Has anyone else had any experiences with ordering from them? were the products good?
Or would i be better off ordering parts from somewhere like amazon? If so, where do i get a good quality case with a glass side panel?
Cheers.

I actually bought my first gaming pc from them. came in the mail with no problems. with simi decent packing. could have been better ill dig around for the reciept and post a pic if i find it the parts they use all depend on your budget and configuration, so you could end up with a bad part if you cheap out on the configurator

Tsubasa (The 7680x1440 beast): CPU: Intel i7 8086k | Cooler: Fully Custom Rigid Loop MOBO: Asus Z370-I ITX | GPU: Nvidia Titan Xp Star Wars | RAM: 32Gb 2x16gb Gskill Trident Z RGB | SSD: Samsung 1TB 970 Evo Nvme, 2TB Micron Sata SSD | Case: Fractal Design Nano S | PSU: Corsair SF600 With Full custom cables  

Better value to build it yourself. 

As for case, there are many. Would suggest NZXT S340 or H440 off the top of my head. (Also Noctis 450)

5800X3D - RTX 4070 - 2K @ 165Hz

Honestly, you shouldn't be buying from prebuilt manufacturers. They tend to have unbalanced builds with mad high end CPUs and EXTREMELY piss poor GPUs. Also no SSDs, which are really nice.

Head over to the New Builds and Planning section of this forum and you'll have plenty of people to help you choose something on a PCPartpicker list.

Building a PC is really easy, it's adult legos but with specific latches and notches

Follow the topics you create using the "Follow" button in the top right corner!

One day I will have my GTX 970. One day. PC specs are at my profile.

Not sure how to check what part works with what? Check out my compatibility guide!

18 minutes ago, Yakapovski said:

Hey guys,
Cheers.

They usually skimp out hard on anything that's not the "main components" so if the part is not listed like the motherboard, ram, power supply expect it to be bottom of the barrel trash. Hence the low price. 

That being said they've smartened up with their higher end systems and use decent parts for them but you still have to be weary. If you're up for it (and it's quite easy) it would be a wiser choice to do a bit of research and build your own computer. There are tons of cases with side panels as well so you just have to spend a few minutes looking.

Intel i7 3770K [] Asrock Z77 Extreme 4 [] MSI R9 290X 4GB [] 16GB  G.SKILL 2133Mhz [] Crucial MX100 256GB [] WD Black 1TB [] XFX Pro 850W [] Fractal Define R3 [] Func MS-3 R2 [] Corsair K60 [] 

3 hours ago, Fgtfv567 said:

Honestly, you shouldn't be buying from prebuilt manufacturers. They tend to have unbalanced builds with mad high end CPUs and EXTREMELY piss poor GPUs. Also no SSDs, which are really nice.

Head over to the New Builds and Planning section of this forum and you'll have plenty of people to help you choose something on a PCPartpicker list.

Building a PC is really easy, it's adult legos but with specific latches and notches

Well you customise the PC, it's your own choice what you run with, they just offer several platforms and cases.

Case: Meatbag, humanoid - APU: Human Brain version 1.53 (stock clock) - Storage: 100TB SND (Squishy Neuron Drive) - PSU: a combined 500W of Mitochondrial cells - Optical Drives: 2 Oculi, with corrective lenses.

https://www.cyberpowerpc.com/system/CyberPower_Z170_i5_Configurator

An i5 6600K with a R7 370. For $809.. Stupid prices.

CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 5600X | CPU Cooler: Stock AMD Cooler | Motherboard: Asus ROG STRIX B550-F GAMING (WI-FI) | RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 16 GB (2 x 8 GB) DDR4-3000 CL16 | GPU: Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB Zotac Mini | Case: K280 Case | PSU: Cooler Master B600 Power supply | SSD: 1TB  | HDDs: 1x 250GB & 1x 1TB WD Blue | Monitors: 24" Acer S240HLBID + 24" Samsung  | OS: Win 10 Pro

Audio: Behringer Q802USB Xenyx 8 Input Mixer |  U-PHORIA UMC204HD | Behringer XM8500 Dynamic Cardioid Vocal Microphone | Sound Blaster Audigy Fx PCI-E card.

Home Lab:  Lenovo ThinkCenter M82 ESXi 6.7 | Lenovo M93 Tiny Exchange 2019 | TP-LINK TL-SG1024D 24-Port Gigabit | Cisco ASA 5506 firewall  | Cisco Catalyst 3750 Gigabit Switch | Cisco 2960C-LL | HP MicroServer G8 NAS | Custom built SCCM Server.

10 minutes ago, Ctown0812 said:

OMG why.  Wouldln't be a terrible system with a better graphics card and a decent PSU.  Also, it says theres no OS? o.O?

Because they target people with no knowledge about computers. Happened to my friend, he spent over £1200 for an i7 6700k with an Nvidia 950. 

CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 5600X | CPU Cooler: Stock AMD Cooler | Motherboard: Asus ROG STRIX B550-F GAMING (WI-FI) | RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 16 GB (2 x 8 GB) DDR4-3000 CL16 | GPU: Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB Zotac Mini | Case: K280 Case | PSU: Cooler Master B600 Power supply | SSD: 1TB  | HDDs: 1x 250GB & 1x 1TB WD Blue | Monitors: 24" Acer S240HLBID + 24" Samsung  | OS: Win 10 Pro

Audio: Behringer Q802USB Xenyx 8 Input Mixer |  U-PHORIA UMC204HD | Behringer XM8500 Dynamic Cardioid Vocal Microphone | Sound Blaster Audigy Fx PCI-E card.

Home Lab:  Lenovo ThinkCenter M82 ESXi 6.7 | Lenovo M93 Tiny Exchange 2019 | TP-LINK TL-SG1024D 24-Port Gigabit | Cisco ASA 5506 firewall  | Cisco Catalyst 3750 Gigabit Switch | Cisco 2960C-LL | HP MicroServer G8 NAS | Custom built SCCM Server.

I personally do not suggest going with Cyberpower. My boyfriend and I both have rigs from there, and we had horrible issues. One of his GPUs came installed wrong, and I had faulty RAM that they refused to RMA unless I sent in my entire laptop, and when I went to price shipping it back as per their instructions, it was going to cost me ~$60. With that, I just replaced the RAM myself. For his GPU, some idiot didn't put it in straight, and they wrenched it down so tight that the motherboard was bent. Now, my boyfriend wasn't computer savvy when he got the rig, so it stayed like this for ~6 months (they told him he waited too long, so it was probably his fault it was bent) before I came into the picture and helped him diagnose some overheating issues. Turns out, the card was crooked to the point that his Crossfire had never worked in the first place, and when I went to fix it, either the PCI slot or the card itself was fried, so.. Yeah. :(

I personally despise them after getting two screwed up rigs, but this was ~5 years ago. Maybe they're better. I would go with NCIX or iBuyPower if I were you.

15 minutes ago, FoxxyRin said:

I personally do not suggest going with Cyberpower. My boyfriend and I both have rigs from there, and we had horrible issues. One of his GPUs came installed wrong, and I had faulty RAM that they refused to RMA unless I sent in my entire laptop, and when I went to price shipping it back as per their instructions, it was going to cost me ~$60. With that, I just replaced the RAM myself. For his GPU, some idiot didn't put it in straight, and they wrenched it down so tight that the motherboard was bent. Now, my boyfriend wasn't computer savvy when he got the rig, so it stayed like this for ~6 months (they told him he waited too long, so it was probably his fault it was bent) before I came into the picture and helped him diagnose some overheating issues. Turns out, the card was crooked to the point that his Crossfire had never worked in the first place, and when I went to fix it, either the PCI slot or the card itself was fried, so.. Yeah. :(

I personally despise them after getting two screwed up rigs, but this was ~5 years ago. Maybe they're better. I would go with NCIX or iBuyPower if I were you.

How can one install a GPU incorrectly? o.O 

Just now, Abdul201588 said:

How can one install a GPU incorrectly? o.O 

I honestly don't even know. I think it was due to the case being bent, or they bent the case doing it? The back end of the card (the side with the display ports) was in, but the tail end wasn't, and the card was wrenched down so tight at the back end that the motherboard was bent as well. Somehow, it just got wrenched down way too tight, and 6+ months of it being like that caused the card and/or motherboard slot to die.