H100i GTX being an a**hole

So I have an h H100i GTX, right? It's pretty good, like it keeps my CPU cool (like it's supposed to). But, I go back and forth between my parents' house, and that requires me unplugging my PC and carrying it over. EVERY TIME I PLUG IT IN AT THE NEW HOUSE, THE DRIVER, (corsair link) DOESN'T RECOGNIZE IT'S THERE. Like, I try re-plugging in the dongle that goes straight to the motherboard, but nothing works. I have to reinstall Corsair Link EVERY TIME. Nothing I've found has solved the problem. Any help?

AMD FX6300 @ 4GHz | MSI GTX 950 (x2 SLI) | Intel SSD | WD GREEN | Corsair CX500 | CoolerMaster MasterCase Pro 5 | Corsair H100i GTX | Corsair K65 RGB | MadCatz R.A.T. 7 | Logitech G35

http://pcpartpicker.com/p/HwFf3C

Set the .exe to run as admin in compatibility in the properties menu. Then the next time u load it will ask as admin, and hopefully not have to do the messing around.

CPU - i7-4790k | CPU Cooler - NZXT Kraken X53 | Motherboard -  Asus Gyphon Z97 Armour Edition | RAM - Corsair Vengeance (2x8GB) 2400Mhz | Graphics Card - MSI GTX 1070 | Power Supply - Corsair CS750M | Storage - Seagate 1TB HDD | Samsung 500GB 850 Evo | Case - Fractal Design ARC Mini R2 | Colour Theme - Generic Red & Black

Operating System - Windows 10 Pro | Peripherals - Corsair RGB Mechanical K70 Keyboard/Corsair M65 Mouse

Click here to give a damn

2 hours ago, ★ Coups ★ said:

Set the .exe to run as admin in compatibility in the properties menu. Then the next time u load it will ask as admin, and hopefully not have to do the messing around.

It is, and it runs on startup, but it doesn't see the H100i.

AMD FX6300 @ 4GHz | MSI GTX 950 (x2 SLI) | Intel SSD | WD GREEN | Corsair CX500 | CoolerMaster MasterCase Pro 5 | Corsair H100i GTX | Corsair K65 RGB | MadCatz R.A.T. 7 | Logitech G35

3 hours ago, LordTaco42 said:

Is it the micro usb cable that keeps coming undone?

Not coming undone, it just isn't recognized when the PC is plugged back in and powered on.

Odd I have mine connected to an expansion card and it reads fine.  I mentioned it because I installed mine not too long ago and noticed how flimsy it is.  I'm assuming you checked that all the pins lined up right but that still wouldn't explain why you would have to reinstall Corsair Link over and over again as once the program is on there its on there.  

12 hours ago, EpicNinja said:

It is, and it runs on startup, but it doesn't see the H100i.

Do you have to click "Yes" every time? If not then its not running as admin.

CPU - i7-4790k | CPU Cooler - NZXT Kraken X53 | Motherboard -  Asus Gyphon Z97 Armour Edition | RAM - Corsair Vengeance (2x8GB) 2400Mhz | Graphics Card - MSI GTX 1070 | Power Supply - Corsair CS750M | Storage - Seagate 1TB HDD | Samsung 500GB 850 Evo | Case - Fractal Design ARC Mini R2 | Colour Theme - Generic Red & Black

Operating System - Windows 10 Pro | Peripherals - Corsair RGB Mechanical K70 Keyboard/Corsair M65 Mouse

Click here to give a damn

8 hours ago, ★ Coups ★ said:

Do you have to click "Yes" every time? If not then its not running as admin.

It doesn't make me. But it should sense on startup and set the LED to red (my PC colour). But instead it goes to white, which is the default colour.

Really odd issue you have here. Are you using new 4.x version of Corsair Link? I've had similar issues with old 3.x version, where it wouldn't recognize the cooler and cause issues with the pump speed, on top of the program itself running like an utter crap. I've given up on it and only recently (after major 4.x update) went back to give it another go. Surprisingly everything works fine now. It recognized AIO right away, on installation installed USB driver etc.

Born to game, forced to work.  -_-

13 hours ago, johnnysasaki said:

Really odd issue you have here. Are you using new 4.x version of Corsair Link? I've had similar issues with old 3.x version, where it wouldn't recognize the cooler and cause issues with the pump speed, on top of the program itself running like an utter crap. I've given up on it and only recently (after major 4.x update) went back to give it another go. Surprisingly everything works fine now. It recognized AIO right away, on installation installed USB driver etc.

Huh. I'll try. It's only when my PSU loses power (off or unplugged) that it isn't recognized.

• 2 weeks later...

Every time i unplug my PC to go to my mom or dads house, my H100i GTX decides to do this. I have NO idea how to fix this, and it is getting on my nerves, as I have to reinstall Corsair Link every time.

Any ideas on how to fix this?

H100i Error.jpg

its just the software, it doesn't like having anything in the system changed.

Spoiler

CPU: AMD R7 5800X | CPU Cooler: Corsair H115i PRO | Motherboard: MSI B550-A PRO | Memory: G.Skill RIPJAWS V DDR4 3200mhz 64GB | GPU: EVGA RTX 3080Ti FTW3 Ultra | PSU: Seasonic Prime 1300w | OS Drive: Samsung 850 EVO SSD 500GB | Games Drive: Samsung 850 EVO SSD 1TB | Media Drive: 2x WD Blue HDD 1TB in Raid 0 | Media Drive: 2x WD Black HDD 2TB in Raid 1 | Case: Corsair Obsidian 750D | Monitor 1: ASUS PB287Q UHD | Monitor 2: ASUS PG278Q WQHD